Fairfax Media Network

Gulf Country Weather

Qld
Thu 10:24 EST
Current Warnings
 

Gulf Country Forecast

  • Friday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the north, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. The chance of thunderstorms. Light winds becoming E/SE 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming light in the early afternoon. Daytime maximum temperatures in the low to mid 30s.

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the north, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of thunderstorms. Light winds becoming SE 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming light in the evening.

  • Sunday Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers near the south coast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon. Light winds.

  • Monday Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Light winds.

Issued Fri 05:00 EST

Gulf Country Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Possible thunderstorm
25 33 40% 1-5mm Nil E 6 86 ENE 13 68
Possible thunderstorm
26 36 50% - Nil ENE 10 71 SE 11 40
Possible thunderstorm
24 32 60% 1-5mm Nil E 7 82 SE 8 58
Late shower
24 36 40% < 1mm Nil S 4 65 E 10 45
Thunderstorms
25 32 80% 1-5mm Nil ENE 4 86 E 10 71
Possible thunderstorm
24 34 50% < 1mm Nil ENE 8 80 ESE 7 53
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Ex-Tropical Cyclone Alfred: Borroloola bridge collapses, town split in half after NT flooding

18:25 EDT

The community of Borroloola has been physically split in half after heavy rainfall and flooding caused by ex-Tropical Cyclone Alfred partly collapsed a bridge.

Victoria told national energy operator 'under no circumstances' could it cut power during NSW heatwave

17:21 EDT

The Victorian Government has told the national energy operator "under no circumstances" could it cut power to regional centres in order to keep .

Ex-Tropical Cyclone Alfred makes landfall, weakens to tropical low

13:45 EDT

Tropical Cyclone Alfred has weakened to a tropical low as it nears landfall on the Gulf of Carpentaria's southern coast, but the Bureau of Meteorology warned the weather system remained powerful.