Fairfax Media Network

Peninsula Weather

Current Warnings
 

Peninsula Forecast

  • Friday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers north of Coen, medium (50%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm with possible heavy falls. Light winds. Daytime maximum temperatures in the low to mid 30s.

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers north of Weipa, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds.

  • Sunday Mostly sunny. Medium (40%) chance of showers north of Coen, near zero chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds.

  • Monday Mostly sunny. Medium (40%) chance of showers north of Weipa in the morning and afternoon. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds.

Issued Fri 05:00 EST

Peninsula Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Possible thunderstorm
27 33 60% 1-5mm Nil W 13 75 N 24 60
Possible thunderstorm
25 35 90% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Possible thunderstorm
19 34 90% - Nil - - - -
Possible thunderstorm
23 36 30% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Possible thunderstorm
25 35 90% 1-5mm Nil NNW 6 74 W 15 52
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Heavy hailstorms hit Queanbeyan and south Canberra

07:05 EDT

Backyards in Queanbeyan and parts of Canberra have been covered with "golf-ball sized" hailstones and the roof of a supermarket has partially collapsed after a storm hit the region.

Drought scheme helping western Qld contractors secure work raises $90,000

18:36 EDT

A western Queensland church has raised more than $90,000 for a scheme to keep rural contractors in work during the ongoing drought.

Clearest skies since spring fine-tune rare planet event

15:51 EDT

Much of southeastern Australia is experiencing its sunniest week since spring and skies have been staying clear at night, effectively giving planet gazers a fine-tuned view of a rare feature.