Fairfax Media Network

Peninsula Weather

Current Warnings
 

Peninsula Forecast

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers north of Coen, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm with possible heavy falls. Winds NW/SW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the evening.

  • Friday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm with possible heavy falls in the north. Light winds becoming NW/SW 15 to 20 km/h in the early afternoon then becoming light in the evening.

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds.

  • Sunday Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds.

  • Monday Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds.

Issued Thu 16:15 EST

Peninsula Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Possible thunderstorm
25 30 90% 20-40mm Nil NW 15 83 WNW 23 77
Possible thunderstorm
24 32 80% 5-10mm Nil - - - -
Possible thunderstorm
22 34 80% - Nil - - - -
Possible shower
24 36 50% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
Possible thunderstorm
24 32 80% 5-10mm Nil NNW 7 83 NW 13 78
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Severe weather warning for Tasmania's north-east, possible flash flooding

18:03 EDT

Severe weather predicted for Tasmania's north and east on Friday has prompted a public warning from emergency services.

Wet night ahead of Friday flood threat

15:00 EDT

Rain and storms could bring flooding to parts of southern and southeast Australia during the next 24 hours.

Monsoon likely for Darwin and Top End, bringing cooler temperatures, more rain

14:03 EDT

People in Darwin and other parts of the Top End may be about to get relief from recent hot weather, with the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) predicting a monsoon trough will start to affect the area within days.