Snowy Mountains Weather
Snowy Mountains Forecast
Monday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers in the west, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 800 metres. Winds W/NW 40 to 60 km/h.
Tuesday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of snow showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 900 metres. Winds W 30 to 45 km/h turning NW 15 to 25 km/h during the afternoon and evening.
Wednesday Partly cloudy. The chance of morning frost in the east. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1000 metres. Winds N/NW 15 to 25 km/h turning W 25 to 35 km/h during the morning then decreasing to 15 to 25 km/h during the afternoon.
Thursday Mostly sunny. The chance of morning fog in the south. The chance of morning frost. Medium (40%) chance of showers about the ranges, most likely in the afternoon and evening, with snow possible above 1400 metres. Winds W 15 to 25 km/h becoming light during the evening.
Snowy Mountains Weather Forecasts
||Forecast||Min||Max||Chance of rain||Rain amount||Frost risk||9am||3pm|
||1||9||30%||< 1mm||High||WNW 22||78||W 25||59|
||-2||1||90%||1-5mm||Severe||WNW 24||99||W 18||99|
|Frost then sunny
||-2||12||40%||< 1mm||Severe||WNW 25||77||W 25||53|
||-5||-1||90%||1-5mm||Severe||WNW 36||97||WNW 32||98|
Sub-zero conditions forced a Gippsland football match to be abandoned at the weekend, after four players were forced from the field with hypothermia.
Near-record warmth in northern Australia is coming to an end as cooler winds take temperatures back to the July norm.
Warm winter weather is causing worry for wine growers on southern Queensland's Granite Belt.