Snowy Mountains Weather
Snowy Mountains Forecast
Sunday Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of rain. Snow possible above 1200 metres. Winds W/NW 25 to 40 km/h increasing to 30 to 45 km/h in the late evening.
Monday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers or snow in the west, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. Winds W/NW 25 to 35 km/h increasing to 50 km/h before tending W/SW 25 to 40 km/h in the morning.
Tuesday Mostly sunny. High (70%) chance of snow showers about the alpine peaks at night. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Winds W/NW 20 to 30 km/h increasing to 25 to 35 km/h in the late evening.
Wednesday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of rain in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 900 metres. Winds W/NW 25 to 35 km/h increasing to 45 km/h before tending W/SW 25 to 40 km/h during the morning.
Thursday Partly cloudy. Areas of morning frost. Slight (20%) chance of snow about the ranges, near zero chance elsewhere. Snow possible above 900 metres. Winds SW 25 to 35 km/h.
Snowy Mountains Weather Forecasts
||Forecast||Min||Max||Chance of rain||Rain amount||Frost risk||9am||3pm|
||0||9||20%||< 1mm||High||WSW 18||92||WNW 23||62|
||-3||1||40%||< 1mm||Severe||WNW 14||96||W 14||88|
||-6||-3||40%||< 1mm||Severe||W 9||100||WNW 10||100|
|Frost then sunny
||-3||10||40%||< 1mm||Severe||W 19||88||W 23||48|
||-6||-3||40%||< 1mm||Severe||WSW 9||100||W 10||100|
||-7||-2||40%||< 1mm||Severe||NW 32||98||WNW 34||88|
Spring-like temperatures are bathing central and northern parts of New South Wales today, with some places experiencing record temperatures for this time of the year.
Areas of rain rolled across southern New South Wales yesterday and into early this morning, bringing some of the best August rainfall in several years for some places.
With another earthquake of 5.7 magnitude being recorded today near off the southern Queensland coast, meteorologists and oceanographers are keeping a wary eye on the potential for tsunamis.