Fairfax Media Network

Lower Western Weather

Current Warnings
 

Lower Western Forecast

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the east, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the northeast this morning. Winds W/SW 20 to 30 km/h tending S/SW in the middle of the day. Daytime maximum temperatures between 14 and 17.

  • Sunday The chance of fog in the early morning. Sunny day. Light winds.

  • Monday Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the far west in the evening. Light winds becoming N/NE 15 to 20 km/h during the day then becoming light during the afternoon.

  • Tuesday Cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the west. Light winds.

Issued Sat 05:15 EST

Lower Western Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Clearing shower
6 15 20% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Mostly sunny
7 15 10% < 1mm Nil W 22 81 SW 17 57
Possible shower
8 15 50% < 1mm Nil WSW 22 90 SW 18 69
Possible shower
8 16 10% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Clearing shower
8 17 5% < 1mm Nil - - - -
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Lake Eyre gets late flow from Queensland and more SA rainfall than usual

12:31 EST

Water is flowing into outback Lake Eyre, but somewhat differently from past flooding of the remote saltpan, travel guide Rex Ellis says.

Kiwis in for a pounding

12:24 EST

A strong and complex low is moving over New Zealand and has been generating heavy rain, isolated thunderstorms and gale force winds.

When it rains over Uluru

12:19 EST

The sunrise this morning likely made the ancient sandstone formation of Uluru glow a glorious red at dawn, although cloud and rain from today should lead to more demure morning displays for the next couple of days.