Sunday Cloudy. Winds W 15 to 20 km/h turning NW 15 to 25 km/h in the evening.
Monday Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers near the Victorian border, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds W 20 to 30 km/h turning SW 25 to 30 km/h in the middle of the day then decreasing to 15 to 20 km/h in the late afternoon.
Tuesday Becoming cloudy. Areas of morning frost in the southeast, locally severe. Slight (20%) chance of a shower in the late morning. Winds W/SW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the late afternoon then becoming NW 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening.
Wednesday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of rain in the southeast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds W/NW 20 to 30 km/h turning SW 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon.
Thursday Cloudy. Light winds becoming S/SW 15 to 20 km/h during the day then becoming light during the afternoon.
Riverina Weather Forecasts
||Forecast||Min||Max||Chance of rain||Rain amount||Frost risk||9am||3pm|
||5||10||90%||< 1mm||Slight||WNW 19||95||SW 22||55|
||6||11||90%||< 1mm||Nil||W 24||82||WSW 21||57|
||5||11||70%||< 1mm||Slight||WSW 24||84||SW 22||57|
||4||12||40%||< 1mm||Slight||WSW 23||100||WSW 26||57|
||5||12||70%||< 1mm||Slight||WSW 21||90||SW 22||58|
||5||14||20%||< 1mm||Slight||WSW 18||79||SW 20||57|
||7||10||90%||< 1mm||Nil||W 21||79||WSW 18||57|
||7||12||90%||< 1mm||Nil||WSW 26||77||SW 24||59|
||5||11||70%||< 1mm||Slight||WSW 23||86||SW 21||55|
||3||10||90%||< 1mm||Moderate||W 26||100||SW 28||56|
Spring-like temperatures are bathing central and northern parts of New South Wales today, with some places experiencing record temperatures for this time of the year.
Areas of rain rolled across southern New South Wales yesterday and into early this morning, bringing some of the best August rainfall in several years for some places.
With another earthquake of 5.7 magnitude being recorded today near off the southern Queensland coast, meteorologists and oceanographers are keeping a wary eye on the potential for tsunamis.