Fairfax Media Network

Southwest Slopes Weather

Current Warnings

Southwest Slopes Forecast

  • Thursday Partly cloudy. Areas of frost early this morning. Areas of morning fog. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the south this evening. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Snow possible above 1400 metres. Light winds becoming NW 15 to 25 km/h in the morning. Daytime maximum temperatures between 8 and 13.

  • Friday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers near the Victorian border in the morning, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1400 metres. Areas of morning fog. Winds NW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light early in the morning.

  • Saturday Cloudy. Areas of morning frost in the north. Patchy morning fog in the south. High (70%) chance of rain near the Victorian border, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow falling above 1500 metres. Winds N/NW 15 to 25 km/h tending W/NW 25 to 35 km/h during the morning.

  • Sunday Cloudy. Areas of morning frost in the south. Medium (60%) chance of rain. Snow possible above 1700 metres. Winds N/NW 20 to 30 km/h.

Issued Thu 05:15 EST

Southwest Slopes Weather Forecasts

Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
5 14 80% 1-5mm Slight NNE 9 95 WSW 14 77
6 13 80% 1-5mm Nil NNE 7 93 WSW 11 79
Windy with showers
-3 3 90% 1-5mm Severe WNW 16 100 WNW 15 93
3 10 80% 1-5mm Moderate NNE 8 94 SW 9 81
0 17 90% 1-5mm High W 6 100 W 14 66
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Strengthening El Nino to reduce rainfall in northern and south-east Australia but wetter conditions for Western Australia

15:28 EST

The Bureau of Meteorology has confirmed the El Nino pattern is strengthening in the Pacific and is likely to persist into next year.

Grantham flood inquiry: Former quarry owner says western embankment natural, not manmade

15:25 EST

The former owner of the Grantham quarry that allegedly contributed to the fatal 2011 flood has said the western embankment beside the quarry was a natural landmark and not manmade.

Drought to be high on agenda of bush councils during talks in St George

11:28 EST

The impact of the drought is expected to be the main theme as Queensland's bush councils hold a major conference today.