Fairfax Media Network

ACT Weather

Current Warnings
 

ACT Forecast

  • Wednesday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of rain, most likely later this evening. Light winds. Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. Light winds. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 20%.

  • Thursday Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of rain in the morning and afternoon. Light winds becoming S 15 to 20 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming light in the early afternoon. Possible rainfall: 2 to 8 mm Chance of any rain: 90% Around Canberra.

  • Friday Cloudy. Areas of fog and patches of light frost in the early morning. Light winds. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 10%.

  • Saturday Partly cloudy. Areas of morning fog and frost. Light winds. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 10%.

  • Sunday Cloudy. Light winds. Possible rainfall: 0 mm Chance of any rain: 10%.

Issued Wed 16:20 EST

ACT Weather Forecasts

Station
Forecast Min Max Chance of rain Rain amount Frost risk 9am 3pm
Wind RH Wind RH
°C °C km/h % km/h %
Frost then sunny
0 17 30% < 1mm High NW 4 82 NW 15 42
Frost then sunny
-1 17 30% - Severe WNW 4 67 NW 6 43
Frost then sunny
0 17 50% < 1mm High W 2 81 NNW 7 42
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Canberra experiences wettest winter in 10 years, coldest nights since 1997

15:52 EST

Canberra has shivered its way through the most cold nights since 1997 and its wettest winter since 2005.

Another ECL for NSW

15:36 EST

It's the weather phrase that makes the coastal dwellers of New South Wales shudder - East Coast Low.

Canberra's cold start to spring

13:35 EST

For most people, spring brings the hope of warm weather.