you are not logged in | login or join us

Thursday Island Weather

  RSS

10.58°S 142.22°E 6m AMSL

Horn Island Forecast

Tonight 24°C
Tomorrow 30°C
Showers

Now

26.1°C falling
Updated at 22:30 EST

Peninsula for Saturday Partly cloudy. Winds NE/SE 15 to 20 km/h.
Sunday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers north of Coen, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds E/SE 15 to 25 km/h becoming light in the late evening.

Currently at Horn Island

Temperature 26.1°C falling
Dew Point 24.3°C rising
Feels Like 28.3°C
Relative Humidity 90%
Wind icon
SE 22km/h rising
Wind Gusts 31km/h
Pressure 1013.2hPa rising
Fire Danger 2.3
Rain since 9am/last hr 3.2mm / 0.0mm

Sun on Saturday

Sunrise sunrise
06:42 EST
Sunset sunset
18:15 EST

Nearby Now

Weipa Ap 25.7°C
Lockhart River Ap 25.1°C
Coen Ap 24.6°C

Next 12 hours in Horn Island

possible thunderstorm

12am

Slight chance storm
25°C
possible thunderstorm

3am

Chance shower or storm
25°C
possible thunderstorm

6am

Slight chance storm
24°C
possible thunderstorm

9am

Slight chance storm
27°C
powered by Opticast

Peninsula Weather Warnings

There are no warnings current.

Queensland weather update

Queensland Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Horn Island 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sat
May 30
Sun
May 31
Mon
Jun 1
Tue
Jun 2
Wed
Jun 3
Thu
Jun 4
Fri
Jun 5
possible shower
Possible shower
showers
Showers
possible shower
Possible shower
possible shower
Possible shower
possible shower
Possible shower
possible shower
Possible shower
possible shower
Possible shower
Maximum 30°C 30°C 30°C 30°C 30°C 30°C 30°C
Minimum 25°C 24°C 24°C 25°C 24°C 24°C 24°C
Chance of Rain 70% 90% 60% 30% 90% 60% 70%
Rain Amount 5-10mm 10-20mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Very High Very High Very High Very High Very High
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 28
km/h
32
km/h
22
km/h
29
km/h
23
km/h
28
km/h
27
km/h
34
km/h
27
km/h
32
km/h
27
km/h
32
km/h
31
km/h
37
km/h
Wind Direction SE 28km/h
SE
ESE 32km/h
ESE
SE 22km/h
SE
ESE 29km/h
ESE
SE 23km/h
SE
ESE 28km/h
ESE
SE 27km/h
SE
ESE 34km/h
ESE
SE 27km/h
SE
ESE 32km/h
ESE
SE 27km/h
SE
ESE 32km/h
ESE
SE 31km/h
SE
SE 37km/h
SE
Relative Humidity 75% 67% 78% 70% 79% 68% 70% 64% 70% 61% 72% 61% 72% 63%
Dew Point 23°C 23°C 24°C 23°C 24°C 23°C 22°C 22°C 22°C 21°C 22°C 21°C 22°C 22°C

Horn Island Sun & Moon Times

Sunday Next Occurrence
First Light Sunrise Sunset Last Light Moon Phase moon set moon rise full moon last quarter new moon first quarter
first light
06:19 EST
sunrise
06:42 EST
sunset
18:15 EST
last light
18:37 EST
moon
set
Sun 04:19 EST
rise
Sun 16:25 EST
moon
Wed
Jun 3
moon
Wed
Jun 10
moon
Wed
Jun 17
moon
Wed
Jun 24

Horn Island Past 5 Days

  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sat
May 30
25.2°C 29°C 0.4mm
Fri
May 29
25.6°C 30.5°C 0.0mm
Thu
May 28
25.6°C 30.6°C 0.0mm
Wed
May 27
25.5°C 30.2°C 0.0mm
Tue
May 26
24.8°C 30.5°C 1.0mm

Horn Island Year To Date

average rainfall to May
1612.1mm
90.3 day(s)
total for 2015
1489.8mm
81 day(s)
total to this day 2014
1772.2mm
101 day(s)
wettest day
126.0mm
Feb 11
lowest temperature
21.1°C
Mar 13
highest temperature
32.9°C
Jan 1

Horn Island Almanac

May minimum temperature
lowest this month
22.7°C
5th
lowest on record
17.7°C
23rd 2009
average this month
24.6°C
-0.1°C
long-term average
24.7°C
May maximum temperature
highest this month
31.3°C
1st
highest on record
32.1°C
9th 2013
average this month
30.4°C
+0.4°C
long-term average
30.0°C
May rainfall
wettest this month
1.4mm
25th
total this month
3.8mm
5 day(s)
long-term average
72.6mm
10.8 day(s)
wettest on record
318.0mm
1996
driest on record
0.6mm
1997

Thursday Island Weather

Current Conditions

Forecasts

» Thursday Island Weather on your Mobile

Site search


Enter a postcode or town name for local weather, or text to search the site. » advanced search

Help with Weatherzone