Fairfax Media Network

Coconut Island Weather


Horn Island Forecast

This morning 26°C
Today 31°C
thunderstorms

Now

26.9°C falling
Updated at 01:20 EST

Peninsula for Friday Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers north of Coen, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm with possible heavy falls. Light winds.
Saturday Mostly sunny. High (70%) chance of showers north of Weipa, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds.

Currently at Horn Island

24-hour graph
Temperature 26.9°C falling
Dew Point 26.9°C falling
Feels Like 31.5°C
Relative Humidity 100%
Wind icon
Calm falling
Wind Gusts 6km/h
Pressure 1006.1hPa falling
Fire Danger 1.0
Rain since 9am/last hr 16.8mm / -

Sun on Sat

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:31 EST
Sunset sunset
18:59 EST

Nearby Now

Lockhart River Ap 24.1°C
Weipa Ap 24.8°C
Coen Ap 25.1°C

Next 12 hours in Horn Island

48-hour forecast

3am

Chance shower or storm
27°C

6am

Chance shower or storm
26°C

9am

Chance shower or storm
28°C

12pm

Chance shower or storm
30°C

Peninsula Weather Warnings

view all
Qld - Fri 22:00 EST
Coastal Strong Wind/Gale Warning

Queensland Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Horn Island 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sat
Feb 13
Sun
Feb 14
Mon
Feb 15
Tue
Feb 16
Wed
Feb 17
Thu
Feb 18
Fri
Feb 19

Thunder-
storms

Possible thunderstorm

Clearing shower

Possible thunderstorm

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower
Maximum 31°C 32°C 32°C 33°C 33°C 33°C 33°C
Minimum 26°C 26°C 26°C 27°C 26°C 27°C 27°C
Chance of Rain 90% 40% 80% 60% 60% 80% 50%
Rain Amount 20-40mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 5-10mm 1-5mm 1-5mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 12
km/h
10
km/h
11
km/h
15
km/h
11
km/h
15
km/h
13
km/h
22
km/h
24
km/h
28
km/h
20
km/h
25
km/h
18
km/h
23
km/h
Wind Direction W 12km/h
W
WNW 10km/h
WNW
ENE 11km/h
ENE
ENE 15km/h
ENE
ENE 11km/h
ENE
NNW 15km/h
NNW
WNW 13km/h
WNW
NW 22km/h
NW
NW 24km/h
NW
NW 28km/h
NW
WNW 20km/h
WNW
WNW 25km/h
WNW
WNW 18km/h
WNW
WNW 23km/h
WNW
Relative Humidity 88% 70% 81% 63% 80% 62% 75% 64% 84% 65% 78% 65% 79% 64%
Dew Point 26°C 25°C 25°C 24°C 25°C 24°C 26°C 25°C 26°C 26°C 26°C 26°C 26°C 25°C

Horn Island Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon
first light
06:10 EST
sunrise
06:31 EST
sunset
18:59 EST
last light
19:21 EST
moon
rise
Sat 10:37 EST
set
Sat 22:50 EST
moon
Mon
Feb 15
moon
Tue
Feb 23
moon
Wed
Mar 2
moon
Wed
Mar 9

Coconut Island Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Fri
Feb 12
26.5°C 29°C 17.2mm
Thu
Feb 11
25.2°C 32.0°C 46.0mm
Wed
Feb 10
26.1°C 32.0°C 7.8mm
Tue
Feb 9
27.4°C 32.4°C 0.0mm
Mon
Feb 8
28.2°C 33.1°C 0.0mm

Coconut Island Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Feb
576.2mm
34.1 Day(s)
Total For 2016
240.6mm
14 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
728.4mm
26 Day(s)
Wettest Day
71.6mm
Feb 5
Lowest Temperature
24.8°C
Jan 31
Highest Temperature
36.6°C
Jan 20

Coconut Island Almanac

full climatology
February Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
25.2°C
11th
Lowest On Record
21.0°C
3rd 2000
Average This Month
27.0°C
+1.2°C
Long-term Average
25.8°C
February Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
33.7°C
2nd
Highest On Record
35.5°C
20th 2005
Average This Month
31.8°C
+0.2°C
Long-term Average
31.6°C
February Rainfall
Wettest This Month
71.6mm
5th
Total This Month
153.0mm
6 Day(s)
Long-term Average
269.2mm
17.1 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
422.6mm
2006
Driest On Record
135.6mm
2013
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Rain welcome but many in western Queensland 'still doing it tough'

21:28 EDT

Rain in parts of western Queensland in the past week has raised hope that the drought may finally be over, but the long, dry years have already devastated pastures and wiped out incomes for many farming families.

Solid central Australian rain a bonus as pastoral company progresses with drought-proofing strategy aimed at selling heavier cattle

17:06 EDT

A Central Australian pastoral company says recent solid rain across its five cattle stations is a welcome bonus as it continues with a drought-proofing strategy.

Tropical Cyclone Tatiana intensifies, may bring dangerous swell to Queensland coast: BoM

16:18 EDT

Queensland's first cyclone of the season poses no immediate threat to the coast but may whip up dangerous swells for south-east beaches early next week, the Bureau of Meteorology (BoM) says.