Fairfax Media Network

Homestead Weather


20.36°S 145.66°E 344m AMSL

Charters Towers Forecast

Today 37°C
Tonight 23°C
possible_thunderstorm

Now

28.1°C rising
Updated at 10:20 EST

Nth Goldfields for Friday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the west, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm during this afternoon and evening. Winds SE 20 to 30 km/h tending E 15 to 25 km/h in the middle of the day then turning S/SE 20 to 30 km/h in the early afternoon. Daytime maximum temperatures around 40.

Currently at Mingela

24-hour graph
Temperature 28.1°C rising
Dew Point 18.2°C rising
Feels Like 29.1°C
Relative Humidity 55%
Wind icon
NNE 9km/h rising
Wind Gusts 13km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 5.9
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Fri

more
Sunrise sunrise
05:28 EST
Sunset sunset
18:47 EST

Nearby Now

Hughenden Ap 34.6°C
Townsville Ap 30.9°C
Ayr 30.4°C
Alva Beach 29.7°C

Next 12 hours in Mingela

48-hour forecast

12pm

Mostly clear
31°C

3pm

Slight chance shower
31°C

6pm

Mostly clear
26°C

9pm

Mostly clear
24°C

Nth Goldfields Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

Charters Towers 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Fri
Dec 9
Sat
Dec 10
Sun
Dec 11
Mon
Dec 12
Tue
Dec 13
Wed
Dec 14
Thu
Dec 15

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower
Maximum 37°C 34°C 30°C 30°C 30°C 31°C 34°C
Minimum 22°C 23°C 22°C 21°C 22°C 22°C 22°C
Chance of Rain 70% 90% 90% 90% 50% 60% 50%
Rain Amount 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 3
km/h
5
km/h
6
km/h
10
km/h
12
km/h
9
km/h
12
km/h
9
km/h
12
km/h
8
km/h
7
km/h
5
km/h
5
km/h
4
km/h
Wind Direction NNE 3km/h
NNE
ENE 5km/h
ENE
ENE 6km/h
ENE
E 10km/h
E
ESE 12km/h
ESE
ESE 9km/h
ESE
ESE 12km/h
ESE
E 9km/h
E
ESE 12km/h
ESE
E 8km/h
E
E 7km/h
E
ENE 5km/h
ENE
ENE 5km/h
ENE
ENE 4km/h
ENE
Relative Humidity 60% 31% 64% 41% 69% 52% 72% 55% 73% 55% 71% 51% 65% 45%
Dew Point 20°C 18°C 21°C 19°C 20°C 19°C 20°C 20°C 20°C 20°C 20°C 20°C 21°C 21°C

Charters Towers Sun & Moon Times

Friday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set Full moon Last quarter New moon First quarter
first light
05:04 EST
sunrise
05:28 EST
sunset
18:47 EST
last light
19:11 EST
moon
rise
Fri 13:47 EST
set
Sat 02:04 EST
moon
Wed
Dec 14
moon
Wed
Dec 21
moon
Thu
Dec 29
moon
Fri
Jan 6

Charters Towers Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Fri
Dec 9
- - 0.0mm
Thu
Dec 8
22.0°C 36°C 0.0mm
Wed
Dec 7
20.8°C 36.4°C 0.0mm
Tue
Dec 6
21.8°C 36.5°C 0.0mm
Mon
Dec 5
21.7°C 37.2°C 0.0mm

Charters Towers Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Dec
662.4mm
65.9 Day(s)
Total For 2016
506.2mm
60 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
315.2mm
34 Day(s)
Wettest Day
42.4mm
Feb 6
Lowest Temperature
5.7°C
Jun 30
Highest Temperature
40.5°C
Feb 18

Charters Towers Ap Almanac

full climatology
December Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
20.8°C
3rd
Lowest On Record
17.3°C
7th 1999
Average This Month
21.6°C
-0.4°C
Long-term Average
22.0°C
December Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
39.2°C
2nd
Highest On Record
42.8°C
20th 1995
Average This Month
37.4°C
+2.9°C
Long-term Average
34.5°C
December Rainfall
Wettest This Month
0.0mm
1st
Total This Month
0.0mm
0 Day(s)
Long-term Average
83.2mm
7.4 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
272.5mm
2000
Driest On Record
9.4mm
2013
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Perfect storm photos: storm chasers give up their tips for taking best pic

11:00 EDT

While most Queenslanders sheltered inside during the past week of severe storms, a breed of professional photographers known as storm chasers were outside, braving the danger to get the best possible shot.

Summer heat gone in a splash

09:48 EDT

Mount Isa's hottest start to summer on record came to a stormy end on Thursday afternoon.

Eastern storms and southern shivers

16:00 EDT

Thunderstorms are on the move through New South Wales and southern Queensland once again today, while southern states shiver.