Fairfax Media Network

Broughton Weather


20.11°S 146.41°E 221m AMSL

Charters Towers Forecast

Today 27°C
Tonight 23°C
thunderstorms

Now

25.4°C falling
Updated at 16:10 EST

Nth Goldfields for Tuesday Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of rain in the southeast, slight (20%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds S/SW 35 to 55 km/h tending SE/SW 25 to 40 km/h in the late evening. Damaging wind gusts exceeding 90 km/h possible depending on movement and development of Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie. Daytime maximum temperatures 28 to 38.

Currently at Mingela

24-hour graph
Temperature 25.4°C falling
Dew Point 20.2°C rising
Feels Like 26.5°C
Relative Humidity 73%
Wind icon
WSW 25km/h rising
Wind Gusts 35km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 4.3
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Tue

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:21 EST
Sunset sunset
18:19 EST

Nearby Now

Townsville Ap 30.7°C
Ayr 27.9°C
Alva Beach 27.3°C
Lucinda Point 29.6°C

Next 12 hours in Mingela

48-hour forecast

6pm

Intermittent rain
22°C

9pm

Heavy rain
24°C

12am

Heavy rain
25°C

3am

Chance shower
24°C

Nth Goldfields Weather Warnings

view all
Qld - Tue 16:10 EST
Initial Minor Flood Warning for the Lower Burdekin River

National Forecast

Charters Towers 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Tue
Mar 28
Wed
Mar 29
Thu
Mar 30
Fri
Mar 31
Sat
Apr 1
Sun
Apr 2
Mon
Apr 3

Thunder-
storms

Windy with showers

Clearing shower

Possible shower

Mostly sunny

Possible shower

Mostly sunny
Maximum 27°C 28°C 33°C 31°C 30°C 32°C 32°C
Minimum 24°C 23°C 24°C 22°C 18°C 21°C 22°C
Chance of Rain 90% 90% 90% 40% 30% 40% 50%
Rain Amount 40-80mm 10-20mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 26
km/h
25
km/h
20
km/h
11
km/h
14
km/h
12
km/h
10
km/h
6
km/h
4
km/h
4
km/h
4
km/h
6
km/h
9
km/h
9
km/h
Wind Direction SSW 26km/h
SSW
SW 25km/h
SW
NW 20km/h
NW
NW 11km/h
NW
WNW 14km/h
WNW
WSW 12km/h
WSW
SSW 10km/h
SSW
SSW 6km/h
SSW
S 4km/h
S
SSE 4km/h
SSE
SE 4km/h
SE
SE 6km/h
SE
SSE 9km/h
SSE
SE 9km/h
SE
Relative Humidity 76% 72% 91% 78% 73% 49% 68% 47% 64% 44% 74% 49% 74% 49%
Dew Point 21°C 22°C 23°C 24°C 23°C 21°C 19°C 19°C 15°C 17°C 22°C 20°C 22°C 20°C

Charters Towers Sun & Moon Times

Wednesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon
first light
05:59 EST
sunrise
06:21 EST
sunset
18:19 EST
last light
18:41 EST
moon
set
Tue 18:34 EST
rise
Wed 07:10 EST
moon
Tue
Apr 4
moon
Tue
Apr 11
moon
Wed
Apr 19
moon
Wed
Apr 26

Charters Towers Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Tue
Mar 28
25.5°C 31°C 0.0mm
Mon
Mar 27
24.6°C 31.0°C 0.0mm
Sun
Mar 26
22.0°C 31.3°C 0.0mm
Sat
Mar 25
22.5°C 32.5°C 0.0mm
Fri
Mar 24
22.9°C 32.2°C 0.0mm

Charters Towers Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Mar
375.1mm
29.3 Day(s)
Total For 2017
268.8mm
26 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
288.2mm
30 Day(s)
Wettest Day
35.0mm
Jan 5
Lowest Temperature
19.7°C
Mar 10
Highest Temperature
41.1°C
Feb 13

Charters Towers Ap Almanac

full climatology
March Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
19.7°C
10th
Lowest On Record
15.2°C
30th 2002
Average This Month
23.0°C
+2.2°C
Long-term Average
20.8°C
March Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
37.6°C
7th
Highest On Record
38.8°C
7th 2004
Average This Month
33.7°C
+1.8°C
Long-term Average
31.9°C
March Rainfall
Wettest This Month
27.0mm
9th
Total This Month
71.6mm
9 Day(s)
Long-term Average
70.1mm
7.3 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
283.5mm
2012
Driest On Record
0.4mm
2005
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Cyclone Debbie's eye reaches coast; BOM downgrades system to category three

17:02 EDT

Tropical Cyclone Debbie has been downgraded to a category three system, having made landfall along the north Queensland coastline near Airlie Beach earlier this afternoon as a slow-moving category four system.

Cyclone Debbie hits north Queensland coast bringing winds of 260kph, BOM says

17:00 EDT

Cyclone Debbie has been downgraded to a category three system after crossing the north Queensland coast.

Cyclone Debbie: Track north Queensland wind speeds as it hammers coast

17:00 EDT

As Cyclone Debbie batters north Queensland, keep track of wind gusts at nine key weather stations across the day.