Fairfax Media Network

Bamboo Weather


Low Isles Forecast

Tonight 21°C
Tomorrow 25°C
possible_shower

Now

22.6°C falling
Updated at 18:10 EST

Nth Cst & Tableland for Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers near the coast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds SE 20 to 30 km/h.
Thursday Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers near the coast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds E/SE 25 to 35 km/h.

Currently at Low Isles

24-hour graph
Temperature 22.6°C falling
Dew Point 19.4°C rising
Feels Like 22.6°C
Relative Humidity 82%
Wind icon
SE 51km/h falling
Wind Gusts 59km/h
Pressure 1019.6hPa steady
Fire Danger 5.3
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Wed

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:44 EST
Sunset sunset
18:05 EST

Nearby Now

Cairns Ap 21.2°C
Mareeba Ap 19.1°C

Next 12 hours in Cairns

48-hour forecast

9pm

Shower
21°C

12am

Chance shower
20°C

3am

Shower
19°C

6am

Chance shower
19°C

Nth Cst & Tableland Weather Warnings

view all
Qld - Wed 15:50 EST
Strong Wind Warning for Torres Strait, Peninsula Coast, Cooktown Coast, Cairns Coast and Townsville Coast. Cancelled for Mackay Coast

Queensland Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Low Isles 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Wed
Jul 29
Thu
Jul 30
Fri
Jul 31
Sat
Aug 1
Sun
Aug 2
Mon
Aug 3
Tue
Aug 4

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny
Maximum 25°C 25°C 25°C 26°C 26°C 26°C 25°C
Minimum 22°C 21°C 21°C 22°C 22°C 21°C 21°C
Chance of Rain 90% 80% 70% 50% 50% 20% 5%
Rain Amount 5-10mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm
UV Index Very High Very High Very High Very High Very High
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 38
km/h
38
km/h
35
km/h
34
km/h
30
km/h
32
km/h
30
km/h
28
km/h
27
km/h
24
km/h
20
km/h
20
km/h
16
km/h
21
km/h
Wind Direction SE 38km/h
SE
SE 38km/h
SE
SE 35km/h
SE
SE 34km/h
SE
ESE 30km/h
ESE
SE 32km/h
SE
ESE 30km/h
ESE
ESE 28km/h
ESE
ESE 27km/h
ESE
ESE 24km/h
ESE
SE 20km/h
SE
ESE 20km/h
ESE
SSE 16km/h
SSE
ESE 21km/h
ESE
Relative Humidity 73% 69% 68% 63% 67% 62% 66% 60% 70% 64% 72% 65% 67% 60%
Dew Point 18°C 19°C 18°C 18°C 17°C 17°C 18°C 18°C 18°C 18°C 18°C 19°C 17°C 17°C

Low Isles Sun & Moon Times

Thursday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise Full moon Last quarter New moon First quarter
first light
06:21 EST
sunrise
06:43 EST
sunset
18:05 EST
last light
18:28 EST
moon
set
Thu 05:09 EST
rise
Thu 16:55 EST
moon
Fri
Jul 31
moon
Fri
Aug 7
moon
Sat
Aug 15
moon
Sun
Aug 23

Low Isles Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Wed
Jul 29
19.5°C 24°C 0.0mm
Tue
Jul 28
22.1°C 26.1°C 0.0mm
Mon
Jul 27
21.7°C 26.7°C 2.4mm
Sun
Jul 26
20.5°C 26.0°C 0.6mm
Sat
Jul 25
21.9°C 26.3°C 0.0mm

Low Isles Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jul
1709.0mm
107.7 Day(s)
Total For 2015
1373.7mm
106 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2014
2370.9mm
128 Day(s)
Wettest Day
194.4mm
Mar 15
Lowest Temperature
18.2°C
Jul 15
Highest Temperature
36.8°C
Jan 28

Low Isles Almanac

full climatology
July Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
18.2°C
15th
Lowest On Record
15.1°C
31st 1996
Average This Month
20.7°C
+0.3°C
Long-term Average
20.4°C
July Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
27.6°C
23rd
Highest On Record
29.7°C
29th 1998
Average This Month
24.8°C
-0.7°C
Long-term Average
25.5°C
July Rainfall
Wettest This Month
2.4mm
27th
Total This Month
5.4mm
6 Day(s)
Long-term Average
36.3mm
8.8 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
179.0mm
1969
Driest On Record
0.0mm
1910
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Interior set to turn up the winter warmth this weekend

15:35 EST

Chilly weather will quickly turn to very warm and windy conditions this weekend over many parts of Australia's interior this weekend.

Grantham floods inquiry: Former quarry owner Denis Wagner gives evidence

14:09 EST

The owner of a quarry which allegedly contributed to the fatal 2011 Grantham flood says a safety bund appeared to be man made and may have been built without his knowledge.

Significant winter drink for southwest WA

13:54 EST

Rain in southwestern parts of Western Australia has provided some places with the best drink in over a year, but more is yet to come.