Fairfax Media Network

Mount Isa Dc Weather


20.73°S 139.49°E 358m AMSL

Mt Isa Forecast

This morning 21°C
Today 35°C
possible_thunderstorm

Now

23.3°C falling
Updated at 04:30 EST

Northwest for Saturday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the northeast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds S/SE 15 to 20 km/h tending E/SE 15 to 25 km/h in the evening.

Currently at Mt Isa

24-hour graph
Temperature 23.3°C falling
Dew Point 19.7°C rising
Feels Like 23.3°C
Relative Humidity 80%
Wind icon
ESE 7km/h rising
Wind Gusts 7km/h
Pressure 1011.0hPa steady
Fire Danger 2.0
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Sun

more
Sunrise sunrise
05:55 EST
Sunset sunset
19:17 EST

Nearby Now

Cloncurry Ap 24.0°C

Next 12 hours in Mt Isa

48-hour forecast

6am

Mostly clear
21°C

9am

Mostly clear
29°C

12pm

Mostly clear
33°C

3pm

Slight chance shower
35°C

Northwest Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

Mt Isa 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sun
Dec 11
Mon
Dec 12
Tue
Dec 13
Wed
Dec 14
Thu
Dec 15
Fri
Dec 16
Sat
Dec 17

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower
Maximum 35°C 34°C 36°C 36°C 36°C 35°C 36°C
Minimum 21°C 20°C 20°C 21°C 21°C 21°C 22°C
Chance of Rain 50% 70% 80% 90% 60% 60% 60%
Rain Amount 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 18
km/h
15
km/h
18
km/h
14
km/h
18
km/h
13
km/h
11
km/h
11
km/h
8
km/h
11
km/h
8
km/h
10
km/h
8
km/h
11
km/h
Wind Direction E 18km/h
E
ESE 15km/h
ESE
ENE 18km/h
ENE
ENE 14km/h
ENE
ENE 18km/h
ENE
NE 13km/h
NE
NE 11km/h
NE
N 11km/h
N
NNW 8km/h
NNW
WSW 11km/h
WSW
E 8km/h
E
SE 10km/h
SE
ENE 8km/h
ENE
ESE 11km/h
ESE
Relative Humidity 52% 33% 55% 39% 53% 38% 52% 35% 55% 38% 53% 38% 54% 35%
Dew Point 18°C 17°C 19°C 19°C 19°C 20°C 19°C 18°C 21°C 20°C 19°C 19°C 20°C 19°C

Mt Isa Sun & Moon Times

Sunday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set Full moon Last quarter New moon First quarter
first light
05:30 EST
sunrise
05:55 EST
sunset
19:17 EST
last light
19:41 EST
moon
rise
Sun 16:18 EST
set
Mon 04:08 EST
moon
Wed
Dec 14
moon
Wed
Dec 21
moon
Thu
Dec 29
moon
Fri
Jan 6

Mt Isa Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sat
Dec 10
22.5°C 36°C 0.8mm
Fri
Dec 9
22.8°C 32.3°C 15.2mm
Thu
Dec 8
23.7°C 42.5°C 0.0mm
Wed
Dec 7
26.0°C 42.1°C 0.0mm
Tue
Dec 6
20.1°C 42.4°C 0.0mm

Mt Isa Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Dec
461.9mm
49.6 Day(s)
Total For 2016
565.4mm
59 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
424.6mm
32 Day(s)
Wettest Day
61.0mm
Sep 18
Lowest Temperature
2.1°C
Jun 30
Highest Temperature
43.1°C
Jan 27

Mt Isa Almanac

full climatology
December Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
18.5°C
1st
Lowest On Record
13.4°C
7th 1978
Average This Month
22.1°C
-0.9°C
Long-term Average
23.0°C
December Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
42.6°C
4th
Highest On Record
45.1°C
1st 2006
Average This Month
40.3°C
+3.1°C
Long-term Average
37.2°C
December Rainfall
Wettest This Month
15.2mm
9th
Total This Month
16.8mm
4 Day(s)
Long-term Average
73.9mm
7.6 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
275.2mm
2000
Driest On Record
4.6mm
1981
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Scorching Night for Central NT

13:00 EDT

Parts of Central NT have had their hottest morning in 7 years.

Heat coming to Sydney next week a sign of things to come

12:59 EDT

Sydney is getting set for a scorching January, with a warm-up early next week.

Climate change means workdays need to change during heatwaves, public health official warns

11:08 EDT

Workplace changes will be needed to deal with more severe heatwaves and other impacts of climate change, a public health official has warned.