Channel Country Weather
Channel Country Forecast
Monday Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. The chance of a thunderstorm early this evening. Winds W/SW 15 to 25 km/h tending S/SW 25 to 35 km/h in the evening.
Tuesday Hot. Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers near the New South Wales border, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds S/SE 25 to 35 km/h tending E/SE 20 to 30 km/h in the morning then turning S 25 to 35 km/h in the late morning.
Wednesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers near the New South Wales border, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds S/SE 25 to 35 km/h.
Thursday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the southeast, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds SE/SW 15 to 20 km/h tending NW/SW 25 to 40 km/h during the morning then tending S/SW 20 to 30 km/h during the evening.
Friday Mostly sunny. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the northeast in the morning and afternoon. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the north in the morning and afternoon. Winds S/SE 20 to 30 km/h.
Channel Country Observations
- observations list type
- All observations
- sky observations
||Time||Wind dir||Wind spd||Wind gust||Tmp||Dew pt||Feels like||RH||Fire||Rain||Pres|
Trampolines have flown into powerlines and a lightning strike has reportedly caused a house fire as a severe thunderstorm tracked from Sydney all along the coast up to northern NSW on Monday afternoon.
Those who blamed last week's blackout in South Australia on renewable energy are dead wrong.
Thunderstorms are affecting six states and territories this afternoon, four of which are under warning for severe storms.