Fairfax Media Network

Merinda Weather


Bowen Forecast

This morning 26°C
Today 33°C
possible_thunderstorm

Now

26.2°C rising
Updated at 02:50 EST

Central Coast for Sunday Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the south, increasing to a high (70%) chance this evening. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the south later tonight. Winds E 15 to 25 km/h.
Monday Mostly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, decreasing from the south during the day. The chance of thunderstorms, with possible heavy falls in the morning and afternoon. Light winds becoming E 20 to 30 km/h in the morning.

Currently at Bowen

24-hour graph
Temperature 26.2°C rising
Dew Point 22.6°C rising
Feels Like 28.1°C
Relative Humidity 80%
Wind icon
SE 5km/h steady
Wind Gusts 6km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 2.2
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Mon

more
Sunrise sunrise
05:45 EST
Sunset sunset
18:52 EST

Nearby Now

Proserpine Ap 24.4°C
Hamilton Island Ap 26.9°C
Ayr 24.9°C
Alva Beach 28.1°C

Next 12 hours in Bowen

48-hour forecast

6am

Mostly cloudy
26°C

9am

Mostly clear
31°C

12pm

Chance shower
32°C

3pm

Shower
32°C

Central Coast Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

Bowen 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Mon
Jan 23
Tue
Jan 24
Wed
Jan 25
Thu
Jan 26
Fri
Jan 27
Sat
Jan 28
Sun
Jan 29

Possible thunderstorm

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Possible shower
Maximum 33°C 33°C 33°C 33°C 33°C 33°C 33°C
Minimum 26°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C
Chance of Rain 90% 70% 90% 60% 50% 80% 90%
Rain Amount 5-10mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 1-5mm 5-10mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 13
km/h
24
km/h
19
km/h
28
km/h
19
km/h
26
km/h
19
km/h
27
km/h
19
km/h
27
km/h
20
km/h
28
km/h
20
km/h
29
km/h
Wind Direction ESE 13km/h
ESE
ESE 24km/h
ESE
SE 19km/h
SE
ESE 28km/h
ESE
SE 19km/h
SE
ESE 26km/h
ESE
SE 19km/h
SE
ESE 27km/h
ESE
ESE 19km/h
ESE
E 27km/h
E
ESE 20km/h
ESE
ESE 28km/h
ESE
ESE 20km/h
ESE
E 29km/h
E
Relative Humidity 65% 65% 67% 60% 69% 64% 66% 60% 67% 61% 63% 63% 66% 63%
Dew Point 24°C 24°C 23°C 24°C 24°C 25°C 23°C 24°C 23°C 25°C 23°C 24°C 24°C 24°C

Bowen Sun & Moon Times

Monday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
05:21 EST
sunrise
05:45 EST
sunset
18:52 EST
last light
19:16 EST
moon
set
Mon 14:53 EST
rise
Tue 02:25 EST
moon
Sat
Jan 28
moon
Sat
Feb 4
moon
Sat
Feb 11
moon
Sun
Feb 19

Bowen Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sun
Jan 22
23°C 33°C 0.0mm
Sat
Jan 21
22°C 33°C 0.0mm
Fri
Jan 20
22°C 31°C 0.0mm
Thu
Jan 19
23°C 32°C 0.0mm
Wed
Jan 18
24°C 33°C 0.0mm

Proserpine Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jan
280.3mm
14.0 Day(s)
Total For 2017
468.2mm
17 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
130.4mm
8 Day(s)
Wettest Day
143.2mm
Jan 7
Lowest Temperature
20.5°C
Jan 20
Highest Temperature
34.2°C
Jan 21

Proserpine Ap Almanac

full climatology
January Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
20.5°C
20th
Lowest On Record
15.9°C
5th 1990
Average This Month
23.2°C
+0.6°C
Long-term Average
22.6°C
January Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
34.2°C
21st
Highest On Record
41.2°C
5th 1994
Average This Month
31.7°C
+0.2°C
Long-term Average
31.5°C
January Rainfall
Wettest This Month
143.2mm
7th
Total This Month
468.2mm
17 Day(s)
Long-term Average
280.3mm
14.0 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
700.0mm
2008
Driest On Record
15.2mm
1992
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Heating up across the southeastern capitals

11:19 EDT

A couple of scorchers are on the way for Adelaide, Melbourne, Canberra and Sydney over the next few days.

Darwin not quite that wet (yet)

11:13 EDT

Following a good start to January 2017 rainfall, when 125mm fell during the first 48 hours of the year, conditions have been relatively dry for the Northern Territory capital.

Steamy night in Brisbane

14:29 EDT

In the early hours of the morning, Brisbane had its warmest minimum temperature since at least 1999, when the mercury halted its descent at 28 degrees just after 3am.