Fairfax Media Network

Holmes Weather


Darwin Forecast

Tonight 28°C
Tomorrow 32°C
possible_thunderstorm

Now

26.9°C steady
Updated at 20:50 CST

Darwin-Daly for Monday Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds W/SW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. City Centre Possible storm. Chance of any rain: 20% Cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds. City Centre Shower or two. Possible storm. Min 25 Max 31 Possible rainfall: 4 to 25 mm Chance of any rain: 60%.
Tuesday Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds NW 15 to 20 km/h becoming light in the evening. City Centre Possible shower or storm.

Currently at Darwin Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 26.9°C steady
Dew Point 22.8°C falling
Feels Like 29.3°C
Relative Humidity 78%
Wind icon
S 5km/h falling
Wind Gusts 6km/h
Pressure 1007.8hPa rising
Fire Danger 2.4
Rain since 9am/last hr 1.2mm / -

Sun on Mon

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:33 CST
Sunset sunset
19:19 CST

Nearby Now

Middle Point 25.5°C

Next 12 hours in Darwin

48-hour forecast

12am

Slight chance storm
29°C

3am

Mostly cloudy
28°C

6am

Slight chance storm
28°C

9am

Mostly cloudy
30°C

Darwin-Daly Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

Darwin 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Mon
Jan 16
Tue
Jan 17
Wed
Jan 18
Thu
Jan 19
Fri
Jan 20
Sat
Jan 21
Sun
Jan 22

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm
Maximum 32°C 32°C 32°C 32°C 31°C 31°C 31°C
Minimum 28°C 28°C 27°C 27°C 26°C 26°C 26°C
Chance of Rain 60% 90% 90% 90% 90% 90% 90%
Rain Amount 1-5mm 5-10mm 5-10mm 5-10mm 5-10mm 10-20mm 10-20mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 10
km/h
20
km/h
10
km/h
19
km/h
10
km/h
19
km/h
6
km/h
18
km/h
10
km/h
21
km/h
10
km/h
23
km/h
13
km/h
23
km/h
Wind Direction WNW 10km/h
WNW
WNW 20km/h
WNW
NW 10km/h
NW
NW 19km/h
NW
N 10km/h
N
NNW 19km/h
NNW
NW 6km/h
NW
WNW 18km/h
WNW
NW 10km/h
NW
WNW 21km/h
WNW
WNW 10km/h
WNW
WNW 23km/h
WNW
W 13km/h
W
WNW 23km/h
WNW
Relative Humidity 78% 67% 75% 61% 78% 68% 83% 73% 81% 70% 81% 72% 83% 74%
Dew Point 26°C 25°C 25°C 24°C 25°C 26°C 26°C 27°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 25°C 26°C

Darwin Sun & Moon Times

Tuesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon
first light
06:11 CST
sunrise
06:33 CST
sunset
19:19 CST
last light
19:42 CST
moon
rise
Mon 22:26 CST
set
Tue 10:40 CST
moon
Fri
Jan 20
moon
Sat
Jan 28
moon
Sat
Feb 4
moon
Sat
Feb 11

Darwin Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Mon
Jan 16
28°C 33°C 0.0mm
Sun
Jan 15
28.0°C 33°C 0.0mm
Sat
Jan 14
27.2°C 33.2°C 0.0mm
Fri
Jan 13
27.6°C 32.4°C 0.0mm
Thu
Jan 12
25.7°C 32.8°C 2.6mm

Darwin Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jan
426.3mm
21.3 Day(s)
Total For 2017
189.2mm
9 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
47.2mm
3 Day(s)
Wettest Day
108.4mm
Jan 2
Lowest Temperature
23.2°C
Jan 1
Highest Temperature
33.2°C
Jan 14

Darwin Ap Almanac

full climatology
January Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
23.2°C
1st
Lowest On Record
20.2°C
23rd 1985
Average This Month
26.4°C
+1.6°C
Long-term Average
24.8°C
January Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
33.2°C
14th
Highest On Record
36.1°C
7th 2014
Average This Month
32.1°C
+0.3°C
Long-term Average
31.8°C
January Rainfall
Wettest This Month
108.4mm
2nd
Total This Month
189.2mm
9 Day(s)
Long-term Average
426.3mm
21.3 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
940.4mm
1995
Driest On Record
136.1mm
1965
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Scorpions, rats emerge as rain continues to fall in flood-hit Tennant Creek

18:47 EDT

Less than three weeks into 2017, the desert town of Tennant Creek in the NT is already just 89 millimetres shy of reaching its average yearly rainfall, with the unusual downpour said to be leading to an influx of creepy crawlies.

Rivers rising and roads cut across northern Western Australia

18:18 EDT

The Great Northern Highway has been closed between Fitzroy Crossing and Halls Creek, as rivers rise across northern Western Australia following a week of steady rain.

Northern Territory cattle stations cut off by floodwaters after rain deluge

18:03 EDT

Floodwaters have cut off outback cattle stations in the Northern Territory as heavy rainfall continues.