Fairfax Media Network

Angledool Weather


29.85°S 148.03°E 134m AMSL

Walgett Forecast

Tonight 15°C
Tomorrow 28°C
sunny

Now

21.4°C rising
Updated at 23:40 EDT

Upper Western for Thursday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the northeast, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. A thunderstorm likely in the east, and possibly severe. Winds S/SW 25 to 40 km/h.
Friday Sunny. Winds SW 25 to 35 km/h turning S 20 to 30 km/h early in the morning.

Currently at Walgett Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 21.4°C rising
Dew Point 19.3°C rising
Feels Like 21.4°C
Relative Humidity 88%
Wind icon
WNW 16km/h steady
Wind Gusts 20km/h
Pressure 1008.7hPa steady
Fire Danger 1.8
Rain since 9am/last hr 1.4mm / -

Sun on Thu

more
Sunrise sunrise
05:59 EDT
Sunset sunset
20:00 EDT

Nearby Now

Coonamble Ap 19.2°C
Moree Ap 21.6°C
Narrabri Ap 21.3°C
St George Ap 21.1°C

Fire Danger Rating

VERY HIGH

Next 12 hours in Coonamble

48-hour forecast

12am

Chance shower or storm
19°C

3am

Mostly clear
16°C

6am

Mostly clear
14°C

9am

Clear
20°C

Upper Western Weather Warnings

view all
NSW/ACT - Thu 16:18 EDT
Fire Weather Warning for the for the Upper Central West Plains, Lower Central West Plains and Eastern and Riverina Fire Areas

National Forecast

Walgett 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Thu
Dec 8
Fri
Dec 9
Sat
Dec 10
Sun
Dec 11
Mon
Dec 12
Tue
Dec 13
Wed
Dec 14

Late shower

Sunny

Sunny

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Sunny

Late shower
Maximum 38°C 28°C 32°C 33°C 34°C 36°C 35°C
Minimum 20°C 15°C 12°C 16°C 18°C 19°C 20°C
Chance of Rain 90% 5% 20% 30% 20% 20% 60%
Rain Amount 5-10mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 5-10mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 20
km/h
31
km/h
22
km/h
20
km/h
14
km/h
6
km/h
16
km/h
8
km/h
19
km/h
10
km/h
21
km/h
14
km/h
22
km/h
20
km/h
Wind Direction N 20km/h
N
NW 31km/h
NW
SSW 22km/h
SSW
SW 20km/h
SW
SSE 14km/h
SSE
ESE 6km/h
ESE
NE 16km/h
NE
NE 8km/h
NE
NE 19km/h
NE
NE 10km/h
NE
NNE 21km/h
NNE
NNE 14km/h
NNE
N 22km/h
N
NW 20km/h
NW
Relative Humidity 52% 34% 40% 23% 35% 20% 49% 30% 45% 27% 45% 26% 39% 31%
Dew Point 17°C 19°C 4°C 4°C 4°C 6°C 12°C 13°C 12°C 13°C 12°C 13°C 13°C 16°C

Walgett Sun & Moon Times

Friday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise Full moon Last quarter New moon First quarter
first light
05:32 EDT
sunrise
05:59 EDT
sunset
20:01 EDT
last light
20:28 EDT
moon
set
Fri 02:13 EDT
rise
Fri 14:41 EDT
moon
Wed
Dec 14
moon
Wed
Dec 21
moon
Thu
Dec 29
moon
Fri
Jan 6

Walgett Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Thu
Dec 8
18.5°C 40°C 0.0mm
Wed
Dec 7
19.9°C 32.0°C 0.0mm
Tue
Dec 6
23.9°C 38.4°C 0.0mm
Mon
Dec 5
28.9°C 43.5°C 0.0mm
Sun
Dec 4
25.1°C 43.5°C 0.0mm

Walgett Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Dec
452.5mm
70.2 Day(s)
Total For 2016
567.8mm
77 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
328.6mm
64 Day(s)
Wettest Day
99.0mm
Jan 28
Lowest Temperature
-1.1°C
Aug 21
Highest Temperature
44.0°C
Dec 3

Walgett Ap Almanac

full climatology
December Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
16.7°C
2nd
Lowest On Record
6.9°C
28th 1993
Average This Month
22.2°C
+3.9°C
Long-term Average
18.3°C
December Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
44.0°C
3rd
Highest On Record
44.5°C
28th 2005
Average This Month
40.1°C
+5.9°C
Long-term Average
34.2°C
December Rainfall
Wettest This Month
0.0mm
1st
Total This Month
0.0mm
0 Day(s)
Long-term Average
54.6mm
7.5 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
142.8mm
2007
Driest On Record
2.6mm
1998
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Eastern storms and southern shivers

16:00 EDT

Thunderstorms are on the move through New South Wales and southern Queensland once again today, while southern states shiver.

Summer scorcher looms for two thirds of Australians

14:12 EDT

The most widespread heat in five years could grip parts of southern and eastern Australia next week.

Turbulent Thursday in Vic, Tas, SA

15:52 EDT

Parts of Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia could be lashed by storms and damaging winds on Thursday as a cold front sweeps across Australia's southeast.