you are not logged in | login or join us

Westgate Weather

  RSS

33.90°S 151.17°E 18m AMSL

Mascot Forecast

Tonight 17°C
Tomorrow 25°C
Cloudy

Now

20.9°C rising
Updated at 18:01 EDT

Sydney for Sunday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers and thunderstorms, becoming less likely later this evening. Winds S 30 to 45 km/h. Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. Light winds.
Monday Cloudy. Winds S/SW 25 to 35 km/h turning SE 15 to 25 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the early afternoon.

Currently at Canterbury

Temperature 20.9°C rising
Dew Point 18.5°C rising
Feels Like 20.9°C
Relative Humidity 86%
Wind icon
SSE 27km/h rising
Wind Gusts 46km/h
Pressure -
Fire Danger 2.5
Rain since 9am/last hr 7.2mm / 1.4mm

Sun on Sunday

Sunrise sunrise
06:43 EDT
Sunset sunset
19:33 EDT

Nearby Now

Sydney Ap 21.0°C
Sydney 21.8°C
Bankstown Ap 21.8°C

Fire Danger Rating

VERY HIGH

Next 12 hours in Mascot

possible shower

9pm

Slight chance shower. Windy
23°C
mostly cloudy

12am

Mostly cloudy
21°C
mostly cloudy

3am

Mostly cloudy
19°C
mostly cloudy

6am

Mostly cloudy
18°C
powered by Opticast

Sydney Weather Warnings

NSW/ACT - Sun 17:39 EDT
Severe Storm Warning (Heavy Rain/Damaging Winds) for Metro, Mid N Coast, Hunter, Illawarra, C/N Tablelands, C West Slopes & Plains

NSW/ACT - Sun 17:14 EDT
Severe Weather Warning (Damaging Winds) for the Metropolitan and Hunter

NSW/ACT - Sun 15:47 EDT
Gale Warning for Sydney Closed Waters, the Hunter, Sydney and Illawarra Coasts. Strong Wind Warning for Batemans and Eden Coasts

Sydney weather update

Sydney Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Mascot 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Sun
Mar 1
Mon
Mar 2
Tue
Mar 3
Wed
Mar 4
Thu
Mar 5
Fri
Mar 6
Sat
Mar 7
windy with showers
Windy with showers
cloudy
Cloudy
sunny
Sunny
possible shower
Possible shower
possible shower
Possible shower
mostly sunny
Mostly sunny
possible shower
Possible shower
Maximum 36°C 25°C 28°C 28°C 26°C 28°C 27°C
Minimum 18°C 17°C 15°C 18°C 17°C 14°C 15°C
Chance of Rain 90% 20% 30% 30% 40% 30% 30%
Rain Amount 5-10mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Very High Very High Very High Very High Very High
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 18
km/h
19
km/h
24
km/h
24
km/h
14
km/h
22
km/h
8
km/h
21
km/h
20
km/h
27
km/h
15
km/h
19
km/h
13
km/h
22
km/h
Wind Direction NNW 18km/h
NNW
SSE 19km/h
SSE
SSE 24km/h
SSE
ESE 24km/h
ESE
NNW 14km/h
NNW
NE 22km/h
NE
ENE 8km/h
ENE
ENE 21km/h
ENE
SSW 20km/h
SSW
SSE 27km/h
SSE
SW 15km/h
SW
SSE 19km/h
SSE
WSW 13km/h
WSW
ESE 22km/h
ESE
Relative Humidity 66% 46% 72% 50% 77% 49% 81% 55% 61% 43% 59% 31% 59% 41%
Dew Point 20°C 20°C 15°C 13°C 15°C 16°C 18°C 18°C 13°C 12°C 11°C 10°C 12°C 13°C

Mascot Sun & Moon Times

Monday Next Occurrence
First Light Sunrise Sunset Last Light Moon Phase moon set moon rise full moon last quarter new moon first quarter
first light
06:18 EDT
sunrise
06:43 EDT
sunset
19:31 EDT
last light
19:57 EDT
moon
set
Mon 03:23 EDT
rise
Mon 17:15 EDT
moon
Fri
Mar 6
moon
Sat
Mar 14
moon
Fri
Mar 20
moon
Fri
Mar 27

Canterbury Past 5 Days

  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Sun
Mar 1
18.2°C 35°C 0.0mm
Sat
Feb 28
17.1°C 27.7°C 0.2mm
Fri
Feb 27
18.4°C 26.3°C 18.8mm
Thu
Feb 26
18.9°C 26.6°C 5.6mm
Wed
Feb 25
18.9°C 22.5°C 0.0mm

Canterbury Year To Date

average rainfall to Mar
263.7mm
34.7 day(s)
total for 2015
184.8mm
29 day(s)
total to this day 2014
79.0mm
19 day(s)
wettest day
63.8mm
Jan 28
lowest temperature
10.3°C
Jan 30
highest temperature
35.9°C
Jan 25

Canterbury Almanac

March minimum temperature
lowest this month
18.2°C
1st
lowest on record
7.5°C
31st 2008
average this month
18.2°C
+1.7°C
long-term average
16.5°C
March maximum temperature
highest this month
35.0°C
1st
highest on record
39.0°C
9th 2004
average this month
35.0°C
+9.1°C
long-term average
25.9°C
March rainfall
wettest this month
0.0mm
1st
total this month
0.0mm
0 day(s)
long-term average
74.9mm
12.0 day(s)
wettest on record
228.4mm
2012
driest on record
12.2mm
1997

Westgate Weather

Current Conditions

Forecasts

» Westgate Weather on your Mobile

Site search


Enter a postcode or town name for local weather, or text to search the site. » advanced search

Sydney got busted!

18:11 EDT A messy southerly buster thrashed Sydney today, bringing gusty winds and lighting up the skies with over 10 000 lighting strikes detected within 40km of the city.

Help with Weatherzone