Fairfax Media Network

Lower Creek Weather


30.74°S 152.28°E 120m AMSL

Kempsey Forecast

Today 24°C
Tonight 12°C
possible_shower

Now

19.5°C falling
Updated at 16:30 EST

Northern Tablelands for Thursday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of rain in the south tonight, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Light winds.

Currently at Kempsey Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 19.5°C falling
Dew Point 13.0°C rising
Feels Like 19.5°C
Relative Humidity 66%
Wind icon
ENE 7km/h falling
Wind Gusts 9km/h
Pressure 1016.2hPa steady
Fire Danger 2.9
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.2mm / -

Sun on Thu

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:05 EST
Sunset sunset
17:33 EST

Nearby Now

Port Macquarie Ap 19.2°C
Armidale Ap 13.5°C

Fire Danger Rating

MODERATE

Next 12 hours in Coffs Harbour

48-hour forecast

6pm

Mostly cloudy
20°C

9pm

Slight chance shower
18°C

12am

Mostly cloudy
16°C

3am

Intermittent rain
15°C

Northern Tablelands Weather Warnings

view all
NSW/ACT - Thu 10:55 EST
Flood Watch for the Inland River Valleys

New South Wales/ACT Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Kempsey 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Thu
Sep 1
Fri
Sep 2
Sat
Sep 3
Sun
Sep 4
Mon
Sep 5
Tue
Sep 6
Wed
Sep 7

Possible shower

Rain

Rain clearing

Mostly sunny

Possible shower

Possible shower

Possible shower
Maximum 24°C 22°C 24°C 22°C 22°C 22°C 22°C
Minimum 10°C 12°C 13°C 8°C 7°C 9°C 10°C
Chance of Rain 90% 90% 10% 30% 50% 60% 60%
Rain Amount 1-5mm 5-10mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm 1-5mm
UV Index High High High High Moderate
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 3
km/h
8
km/h
12
km/h
18
km/h
20
km/h
17
km/h
11
km/h
9
km/h
8
km/h
10
km/h
6
km/h
10
km/h
5
km/h
10
km/h
Wind Direction SW 3km/h
SW
E 8km/h
E
N 12km/h
N
NNE 18km/h
NNE
NW 20km/h
NW
WNW 17km/h
WNW
WSW 11km/h
WSW
S 9km/h
S
SW 8km/h
SW
SE 10km/h
SE
WSW 6km/h
WSW
ESE 10km/h
ESE
SE 5km/h
SE
ESE 10km/h
ESE
Relative Humidity 77% 76% 88% 73% 59% 45% 57% 48% 64% 61% 72% 68% 73% 70%
Dew Point 17°C 17°C 15°C 17°C 10°C 11°C 7°C 10°C 10°C 13°C 12°C 15°C 13°C 16°C

Kempsey Sun & Moon Times

Thursday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon
first light
05:40 EST
sunrise
06:05 EST
sunset
17:33 EST
last light
17:57 EST
moon
set
Thu 17:25 EST
rise
Fri 06:24 EST
moon
Fri
Sep 9
moon
Sat
Sep 17
moon
Fri
Sep 23
moon
Sat
Oct 1

Kempsey Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Thu
Sep 1
12.2°C 21°C 0.0mm
Wed
Aug 31
9.0°C 21.1°C 0.0mm
Tue
Aug 30
8.2°C 23.2°C 0.0mm
Mon
Aug 29
6.2°C 21.8°C 0.0mm
Sun
Aug 28
5.3°C 22.0°C 0.0mm

Kempsey Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Sep
854.2mm
107.6 Day(s)
Total For 2016
692.4mm
86 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
915.4mm
117 Day(s)
Wettest Day
210.6mm
Jun 5
Lowest Temperature
-0.5°C
May 25
Highest Temperature
36.4°C
Jan 31

Kempsey Ap Almanac

full climatology
September Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
12.2°C
1st
Lowest On Record
-0.4°C
1st 2012
Average This Month
12.2°C
+4.0°C
Long-term Average
8.2°C
September Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
21.0°C
1st
Highest On Record
37.0°C
25th 2002
Average This Month
21.0°C
-3.5°C
Long-term Average
24.5°C
September Rainfall
Wettest This Month
0.0mm
1st
Total This Month
0.0mm
0 Day(s)
Long-term Average
43.3mm
8.3 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
181.4mm
2008
Driest On Record
0.0mm
2003
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

First spring soaking under way

16:23 EST

Rain and thunderstorms are spreading across southern and central Australia today as the first big system of spring pushes east.

Wine industry soon to have smartphone app advising on irrigation and harvesting

15:26 EST

The wine industry will soon have another tool at its fingertips to help navigate important on-farm decisions.

Plenty of fuel this bushfire season

14:34 EST

One of Australia's wettest winters on record has primed parts of the country for above-average bushfire potential this season.