Fairfax Media Network

Keith Hall Weather


Ballina Forecast

Tonight 7°C
Tomorrow 19°C
possible_shower

Now

15.5°C falling
Updated at 18:40 EST

Northern Rivers for Friday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the north, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Light winds.
Saturday Partly cloudy. Patchy fog in the north in the early morning. Medium (40%) chance of showers. Winds SW 15 to 20 km/h tending S in the middle of the day then becoming light in the late evening.

Currently at Ballina Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 15.5°C falling
Dew Point 8.0°C falling
Feels Like 15.5°C
Relative Humidity 61%
Wind icon
SSE 14km/h steady
Wind Gusts 17km/h
Pressure 1017.1hPa rising
Fire Danger 3.6
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Fri

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:07 EST
Sunset sunset
17:29 EST

Nearby Now

Lismore 12.7°C
Cape Byron 16.0°C
Evans Head 13.7°C
Casino Ap 11.2°C

Next 12 hours in Ballina

48-hour forecast

9pm

Slight chance shower
11°C

12am

Mostly clear
10°C

3am

Mostly clear
8°C

6am

Mostly clear
8°C

Northern Rivers Weather Warnings

view all
NSW/ACT - Fri 08:31 EST
Final Flood Warning for Richmond River at Coraki

New South Wales/ACT Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Ballina 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Fri
Aug 26
Sat
Aug 27
Sun
Aug 28
Mon
Aug 29
Tue
Aug 30
Wed
Aug 31
Thu
Sep 1

Late shower

Possible shower

Clearing shower

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Cloudy

Possible shower
Maximum 19°C 19°C 21°C 22°C 22°C 23°C 24°C
Minimum 7°C 7°C 9°C 9°C 10°C 11°C 13°C
Chance of Rain 60% 60% 5% 5% 30% 50% 80%
Rain Amount 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm
UV Index Moderate High High High High
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 13
km/h
18
km/h
19
km/h
26
km/h
14
km/h
14
km/h
5
km/h
13
km/h
7
km/h
16
km/h
7
km/h
19
km/h
10
km/h
23
km/h
Wind Direction SW 13km/h
SW
S 18km/h
S
SW 19km/h
SW
SSW 26km/h
SSW
SW 14km/h
SW
S 14km/h
S
SW 5km/h
SW
ESE 13km/h
ESE
SSE 7km/h
SSE
E 16km/h
E
NNE 7km/h
NNE
NE 19km/h
NE
N 10km/h
N
NE 23km/h
NE
Relative Humidity 61% 53% 65% 56% 68% 54% 69% 57% 70% 60% 75% 67% 77% 68%
Dew Point 7°C 9°C 8°C 10°C 11°C 11°C 12°C 13°C 13°C 13°C 14°C 16°C 16°C 17°C

Ballina Sun & Moon Times

Saturday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
05:42 EST
sunrise
06:06 EST
sunset
17:29 EST
last light
17:53 EST
moon
rise
Sat 01:38 EST
set
Sat 12:39 EST
moon
Thu
Sep 1
moon
Fri
Sep 9
moon
Sat
Sep 17
moon
Fri
Sep 23

Ballina Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Fri
Aug 26
8.4°C 19°C 0.0mm
Thu
Aug 25
11.2°C 19.8°C 14.6mm
Wed
Aug 24
15.1°C 17.0°C 33.6mm
Tue
Aug 23
14.5°C 24.4°C 5.2mm
Mon
Aug 22
7.3°C 23.4°C 0.0mm

Ballina Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Aug
1378.7mm
110.7 Day(s)
Total For 2016
1083.2mm
98 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
1471.8mm
127 Day(s)
Wettest Day
217.2mm
Jun 5
Lowest Temperature
2.3°C
Jun 26
Highest Temperature
34.9°C
Feb 1

Ballina Ap Almanac

full climatology
August Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
4.8°C
1st
Lowest On Record
1.0°C
8th 1995
Average This Month
10.0°C
+1.3°C
Long-term Average
8.7°C
August Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
25.6°C
2nd
Highest On Record
36.7°C
24th 2009
Average This Month
21.0°C
-0.3°C
Long-term Average
21.3°C
August Rainfall
Wettest This Month
38.0mm
4th
Total This Month
141.2mm
12 Day(s)
Long-term Average
99.7mm
9.2 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
359.6mm
2014
Driest On Record
1.6mm
2009
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Cyclone Winston: Fiji struggles to rebuild six months after storm devastated the country

18:23 EST

Victims of Cyclone Winston in Fiji are struggling to rebuild their lives six months after the category five storm devastated large parts of the country.

Perth ending winter on a wet note

17:45 EST

Perth could see the heaviest rain in more than a month tonight as a late-winter front hits the southwest.

Drought's devastating impact on outback Queensland towns to be studied for new report

16:01 EST

For people living in outback Queensland, the impact of the ongoing drought can be seen everywhere.