Fairfax Media Network

Pyree Weather


Nowra Forecast

Today 18°C
Tonight 7°C
showers_increasing

Now

16.0°C rising
Updated at 12:30 EST

Illawarra for Friday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds W 15 to 25 km/h tending SW 15 to 20 km/h in the morning. Daytime maximum temperatures between 13 and 19.

Currently at Nowra

24-hour graph
Temperature 16.0°C rising
Dew Point 7.2°C rising
Feels Like 16.0°C
Relative Humidity 56%
Wind icon
WSW 11km/h falling
Wind Gusts 15km/h
Pressure 1018.9hPa falling
Fire Danger 4.0
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Fri

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:23 EST
Sunset sunset
17:36 EST

Nearby Now

Pt Perpendicular 15.1°C
Kiama 16.8°C
Albion Park 17.2°C
Ulladulla 15.9°C

Next 12 hours in Nowra

48-hour forecast

3pm

Shower
17°C

6pm

Shower
13°C

9pm

Mostly cloudy
11°C

12am

Slight chance shower
10°C

Illawarra Weather Warnings

view all
NSW/ACT - Fri 10:17 EST
Strong Wind Warning for Sydney, Illawarra, Batemans and Eden Coasts. Cancellation for Macquarie and Hunter Coasts

New South Wales/ACT Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Nowra 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Fri
Aug 28
Sat
Aug 29
Sun
Aug 30
Mon
Aug 31
Tue
Sep 1
Wed
Sep 2
Thu
Sep 3

Showers increasing

Possible shower

Possible shower

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Showers

Mostly sunny
Maximum 18°C 17°C 17°C 18°C 20°C 16°C 17°C
Minimum 9°C 7°C 5°C 6°C 6°C 7°C 8°C
Chance of Rain 90% 20% 50% 20% 20% 80% 50%
Rain Amount 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 10-20mm 1-5mm
UV Index Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate Moderate
Frost Risk Nil Nil Slight Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 23
km/h
23
km/h
15
km/h
19
km/h
19
km/h
26
km/h
19
km/h
22
km/h
13
km/h
16
km/h
11
km/h
18
km/h
17
km/h
22
km/h
Wind Direction WSW 23km/h
WSW
S 23km/h
S
W 15km/h
W
SSW 19km/h
SSW
WSW 19km/h
WSW
S 26km/h
S
SW 19km/h
SW
S 22km/h
S
WSW 13km/h
WSW
SE 16km/h
SE
NW 11km/h
NW
ENE 18km/h
ENE
NNE 17km/h
NNE
W 22km/h
W
Relative Humidity 70% 54% 72% 34% 60% 51% 61% 42% 62% 38% 71% 65% 82% 60%
Dew Point 8°C 8°C 7°C 1°C 5°C 7°C 5°C 5°C 6°C 5°C 8°C 9°C 9°C 8°C

Nowra Sun & Moon Times

Friday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set Full moon Last quarter New moon First quarter
first light
05:58 EST
sunrise
06:23 EST
sunset
17:36 EST
last light
18:01 EST
moon
rise
Fri 15:54 EST
set
Sat 05:33 EST
moon
Sun
Aug 30
moon
Sat
Sep 5
moon
Sun
Sep 13
moon
Mon
Sep 21

Nowra Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Fri
Aug 28
9°C - 2mm
Thu
Aug 27
10.6°C 20°C 23.2mm
Wed
Aug 26
11.2°C 15.6°C 208.0mm
Tue
Aug 25
10.6°C 14.5°C 182.0mm
Mon
Aug 24
12.8°C 13.5°C 7.2mm

Nowra Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Aug
640.4mm
85.5 Day(s)
Total For 2015
1148.4mm
106 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2014
705.6mm
86 Day(s)
Wettest Day
208.0mm
Aug 26
Lowest Temperature
1.8°C
Aug 12
Highest Temperature
35.1°C
Feb 8

Nowra Almanac

full climatology
August Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
1.8°C
12th
Lowest On Record
-0.9°C
24th 2002
Average This Month
6.9°C
+0.1°C
Long-term Average
6.8°C
August Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
27.5°C
22nd
Highest On Record
26.6°C
16th 2009
Average This Month
17.7°C
-0.5°C
Long-term Average
18.2°C
August Rainfall
Wettest This Month
208.0mm
26th
Total This Month
426.8mm
9 Day(s)
Long-term Average
47.7mm
7.9 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
259.4mm
2014
Driest On Record
4.4mm
2005
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

PNG prime minister Peter O'Neill may review Australian food import ban amid drought

11:42 EST

Papua New Guinea's prime minister Peter O'Neill says he may review a recent ban on importing Australian fruit and vegetables into the country.

NSW weather: Residents return to south coast homes to assess damage; Warragamba continues to spill

11:19 EST

Residents are returning to their properties on the New South Wales south coast, with the threat to life and property now passed following days of heavy downpours that led to significant flooding.

Frog in the pond: Removing frogs from tropical toilets is dry season's 'philosophical dilemma'

10:44 EST

Every year, as clouds disappear from the sky and front lawns turn brown, tropical frogs seek solace in a cool and wet place.