Fairfax Media Network

Harpers Hill Weather


Cessnock Forecast

Tonight 7°C
Tomorrow 17°C
possible_shower

Now

10.9°C steady
Updated at 21:50 EST

Hunter for Tuesday Cloudy. High chance (80%) chance of showers about the Lower Hunter, near zero chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm near the coast. Light winds.
Wednesday Partly cloudy. Areas of morning fog. High (70%) chance of showers near the coast, tending slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Light winds becoming E/SE 15 to 20 km/h in the morning then becoming light in the early afternoon.

Currently at Cessnock Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 10.9°C steady
Dew Point 7.0°C falling
Feels Like 10.3°C
Relative Humidity 77%
Wind icon
SSW 7km/h rising
Wind Gusts 9km/h
Pressure 1024.5hPa rising
Fire Danger 1.5
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Tue

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:57 EST
Sunset sunset
17:02 EST

Nearby Now

Tocal 10.7°C
Williamtown 10.7°C
Nobbys Head 11.4°C

Next 12 hours in Cessnock

48-hour forecast

12am

Mostly clear
8°C

3am

Mostly clear
8°C

6am

Mostly clear
7°C

9am

Mostly cloudy
11°C

Hunter Weather Warnings

view all
NSW/ACT - Tue 16:06 EST
Strong Wind Warning for the Byron Coast, Coffs Coast and Macquarie Coast. Cancelled for Hunter Coast, Sydney Coast and Illawarra Coast

New South Wales/ACT Weather Update

This video is updated each morning and afternoon.

Cessnock 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Tue
Jul 7
Wed
Jul 8
Thu
Jul 9
Fri
Jul 10
Sat
Jul 11
Sun
Jul 12
Mon
Jul 13

Late shower

Possible shower

Mostly sunny

Rain

Mostly sunny

Sunny

Possible shower
Maximum 17°C 17°C 18°C 18°C 19°C 14°C 14°C
Minimum 4°C 7°C 5°C 5°C 7°C 5°C 4°C
Chance of Rain 60% 70% 30% 60% 50% 50% 40%
Rain Amount < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm 1-5mm 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Low Low Low Low Low
Frost Risk Slight Nil Slight Slight Nil Slight Slight
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 10
km/h
14
km/h
7
km/h
11
km/h
3
km/h
8
km/h
7
km/h
12
km/h
14
km/h
20
km/h
20
km/h
25
km/h
22
km/h
25
km/h
Wind Direction NW 10km/h
NW
S 14km/h
S
WNW 7km/h
WNW
SE 11km/h
SE
NW 3km/h
NW
SE 8km/h
SE
N 7km/h
N
NW 12km/h
NW
NNW 14km/h
NNW
NW 20km/h
NW
NW 20km/h
NW
WNW 25km/h
WNW
NW 22km/h
NW
WNW 25km/h
WNW
Relative Humidity 70% 51% 80% 55% 83% 51% 88% 54% 83% 43% 75% 39% 73% 46%
Dew Point 4°C 7°C 8°C 8°C 7°C 8°C 8°C 9°C 8°C 6°C 4°C 1°C 3°C 3°C

Cessnock Sun & Moon Times

Wednesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set Last quarter New moon First quarter Full moon
first light
06:30 EST
sunrise
06:57 EST
sunset
17:02 EST
last light
17:29 EST
moon
rise
Tue 22:44 EST
set
Wed 11:04 EST
moon
Thu
Jul 9
moon
Thu
Jul 16
moon
Fri
Jul 24
moon
Fri
Jul 31

Cessnock Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Tue
Jul 7
4.2°C 17°C 0.0mm
Mon
Jul 6
0.4°C 16.2°C 0.0mm
Sun
Jul 5
-2.5°C 17.5°C 0.0mm
Sat
Jul 4
-1.3°C 16.8°C 0.0mm
Fri
Jul 3
4.1°C 15.8°C 0.0mm

Cessnock Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jul
441.9mm
68.1 Day(s)
Total For 2015
616.8mm
73 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2014
303.6mm
58 Day(s)
Wettest Day
126.6mm
Apr 22
Lowest Temperature
-2.5°C
Jul 5
Highest Temperature
39.3°C
Mar 20

Cessnock Ap Almanac

full climatology
July Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
-2.5°C
5th
Lowest On Record
-6.7°C
9th 1971
Average This Month
2.5°C
-1.6°C
Long-term Average
4.1°C
July Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
17.9°C
1st
Highest On Record
24.2°C
4th 2004
Average This Month
16.6°C
-0.7°C
Long-term Average
17.3°C
July Rainfall
Wettest This Month
0.0mm
1st
Total This Month
0.0mm
0 Day(s)
Long-term Average
30.6mm
8.4 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
124.8mm
1999
Driest On Record
0.0mm
1970
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Canberra's run of cold still running

20:01 EST

Canberra has chilled below freezing every morning this month, and a few days have been quite cold as well.

A breath of fresh air for Sydney

17:47 EST

Over the last week, much of the southeast has been treated to cold, cloud-free nights with light winds.

Hughenden students find their green thumbs in kitchen garden despite the drought

15:30 EST

There have been a few hiccups along the way but the school garden at St Francis' Primary School in Hughenden continues to grow despite the on-going drought.