Fairfax Media Network

Beresfield Weather


Maitland Forecast

This morning 18°C
Today 27°C
possible_thunderstorm

Now

18.8°C falling
Updated at 01:10 EDT

Hunter for Monday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers about the Lower Hunter, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds SE 15 to 25 km/h.
Tuesday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely during the day. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds S/SE 15 to 20 km/h becoming light before dawn then becoming SE 15 to 25 km/h in the middle of the day.

Currently at Williamtown

24-hour graph
Temperature 18.8°C falling
Dew Point 18.0°C falling
Feels Like 18.8°C
Relative Humidity 95%
Wind icon
SW 9km/h rising
Wind Gusts 9km/h
Pressure 1021.3hPa falling
Fire Danger 1.1
Rain since 9am/last hr 8.2mm / -

Sun on Tue

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:41 EDT
Sunset sunset
19:31 EDT

Nearby Now

Nobbys Head 21.2°C
Tocal 19.3°C
Cessnock Ap 19.4°C

Fire Danger Rating

HIGH

Next 12 hours in Maitland

48-hour forecast

3am

Mostly clear
19°C

6am

Mostly clear
18°C

9am

Chance shower
22°C

12pm

Shower
25°C

Hunter Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

Maitland 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Tue
Feb 28
Wed
Mar 1
Thu
Mar 2
Fri
Mar 3
Sat
Mar 4
Sun
Mar 5
Mon
Mar 6

Possible thunderstorm

Possible thunderstorm

Showers

Showers

Showers

Showers increasing

Showers
Maximum 27°C 27°C 28°C 28°C 29°C 30°C 28°C
Minimum 18°C 18°C 18°C 19°C 19°C 19°C 18°C
Chance of Rain 90% 90% 90% 80% 90% 70% 90%
Rain Amount 5-10mm 5-10mm 1-5mm 5-10mm 10-20mm 1-5mm 5-10mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 6
km/h
20
km/h
6
km/h
15
km/h
5
km/h
14
km/h
6
km/h
16
km/h
9
km/h
16
km/h
7
km/h
14
km/h
11
km/h
18
km/h
Wind Direction SE 6km/h
SE
SE 20km/h
SE
SSW 6km/h
SSW
SE 15km/h
SE
SSW 5km/h
SSW
SE 14km/h
SE
S 6km/h
S
SSE 16km/h
SSE
SE 9km/h
SE
SE 16km/h
SE
ENE 7km/h
ENE
SSE 14km/h
SSE
SW 11km/h
SW
SSW 18km/h
SSW
Relative Humidity 79% 56% 86% 65% 88% 64% 86% 59% 87% 66% 86% 64% 82% 60%
Dew Point 19°C 18°C 19°C 20°C 20°C 21°C 20°C 20°C 20°C 22°C 21°C 23°C 19°C 20°C

Maitland Sun & Moon Times

Tuesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set First quarter Full moon Last quarter New moon
first light
06:16 EDT
sunrise
06:41 EDT
sunset
19:31 EDT
last light
19:56 EDT
moon
rise
Tue 08:00 EDT
set
Tue 20:37 EDT
moon
Sun
Mar 5
moon
Mon
Mar 13
moon
Tue
Mar 21
moon
Tue
Mar 28

Newcastle Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Mon
Feb 27
21.3°C - 0.0mm
Sun
Feb 26
20.2°C 26.7°C 19.4mm
Sat
Feb 25
21.5°C 26.0°C 0.0mm
Fri
Feb 24
20.9°C 30.0°C 0.0mm
Thu
Feb 23
20.5°C 35.7°C 0.0mm

Newcastle Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Feb
214.7mm
22.5 Day(s)
Total For 2017
106.8mm
20 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
474.5mm
23 Day(s)
Wettest Day
29.8mm
Jan 2
Lowest Temperature
18.0°C
Jan 8
Highest Temperature
43.5°C
Feb 11

Newcastle Almanac

full climatology
February Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
18.0°C
15th
Lowest On Record
12.3°C
4th 2005
Average This Month
21.6°C
+2.3°C
Long-term Average
19.3°C
February Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
43.5°C
11th
Highest On Record
43.1°C
21st 2004
Average This Month
31.4°C
+3.2°C
Long-term Average
28.2°C
February Rainfall
Wettest This Month
19.4mm
26th
Total This Month
28.8mm
10 Day(s)
Long-term Average
149.6mm
12.2 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
297.2mm
2002
Driest On Record
13.4mm
2010
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Brown Hill Creek flood mitigation plan to protect '98 per cent' of Adelaide properties

21:58 EDT

Some $140 million will be spent on flood mitigation in Adelaide's inner-south and south-west over the next 20 years after an agreement between the State Government and five local councils.

Perth leaves cool, wet summer behind

17:05 EDT

Perth is enjoying a warm and dry end to what has otherwise wet and relatively cool summer.

Eastern seaboard's soaking start to autumn

12:46 EDT

Parts of Australia's eastern seaboard could receive more than a month's worth of rain in the next week, raising the risk of flooding during the opening days of autumn.