Fairfax Media Network

Noonbinna Weather


33.88°S 148.64°E 312m AMSL

Cowra Forecast

Tonight 11°C
Tomorrow 31°C
sunny

Now

21.0°C falling
Updated at 19:50 EDT

CW Slopes & Plains for Tuesday Cloudy. High (70%) chance of rain in the north, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. The chance of a thunderstorm in the north. Winds W/SW 15 to 25 km/h becoming light in the evening.
Wednesday Mostly sunny. Medium (40%) chance of showers in the north, most likely in the early morning. Near zero chance of rain elsewhere. Light winds.

Currently at Cowra Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 21.0°C falling
Dew Point 10.2°C rising
Feels Like 21.0°C
Relative Humidity 50%
Wind icon
SW 12km/h falling
Wind Gusts 15km/h
Pressure 1014.2hPa rising
Fire Danger 6.1
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.8mm / -

Sun on Tue

more
Sunrise sunrise
05:47 EDT
Sunset sunset
20:06 EDT

Nearby Now

Young Ap 17.1°C
Parkes Ap 20.4°C
Forbes Ap 21.6°C
Orange Ap 16.2°C

Fire Danger Rating

MODERATE

Next 12 hours in Young

48-hour forecast

9pm

Cloudy
16°C

12am

Mostly cloudy
12°C

3am

Mostly clear
10°C

6am

Clear
8°C

CW Slopes & Plains Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

Cowra 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Tue
Dec 6
Wed
Dec 7
Thu
Dec 8
Fri
Dec 9
Sat
Dec 10
Sun
Dec 11
Mon
Dec 12

Rain

Sunny

Rain

Sunny

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny
Maximum 27°C 31°C 34°C 22°C 27°C 30°C 32°C
Minimum 18°C 11°C 15°C 10°C 6°C 9°C 13°C
Chance of Rain 90% 10% 90% 5% 5% 20% 20%
Rain Amount 1-5mm < 1mm 10-20mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 8
km/h
14
km/h
2
km/h
8
km/h
22
km/h
27
km/h
23
km/h
23
km/h
4
km/h
5
km/h
6
km/h
6
km/h
11
km/h
9
km/h
Wind Direction NW 8km/h
NW
W 14km/h
W
E 2km/h
E
WNW 8km/h
WNW
N 22km/h
N
NW 27km/h
NW
WSW 23km/h
WSW
WSW 23km/h
WSW
E 4km/h
E
W 5km/h
W
NE 6km/h
NE
WSW 6km/h
WSW
NNE 11km/h
NNE
N 9km/h
N
Relative Humidity 79% 74% 59% 31% 55% 49% 58% 36% 53% 32% 57% 32% 56% 35%
Dew Point 20°C 19°C 12°C 11°C 17°C 21°C 5°C 6°C 6°C 8°C 10°C 10°C 13°C 14°C

Cowra Sun & Moon Times

Wednesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon set moon rise Full moon Last quarter New moon First quarter
first light
05:19 EDT
sunrise
05:47 EDT
sunset
20:07 EDT
last light
20:36 EDT
moon
set
Wed 00:55 EDT
rise
Wed 12:33 EDT
moon
Wed
Dec 14
moon
Wed
Dec 21
moon
Thu
Dec 29
moon
Fri
Jan 6

Cowra Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Tue
Dec 6
- 25°C -
Mon
Dec 5
20.8°C - 0.0mm
Sun
Dec 4
13.3°C 37.2°C 0.0mm
Sat
Dec 3
12.8°C 36.1°C 0.0mm
Fri
Dec 2
10.7°C 31.5°C 0.0mm

Cowra Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Dec
598.1mm
96.3 Day(s)
Total For 2016
776.4mm
144 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2015
542.4mm
114 Day(s)
Wettest Day
36.8mm
Jul 23
Lowest Temperature
-2.1°C
Aug 12
Highest Temperature
42.0°C
Jan 13

Cowra Ap Almanac

full climatology
December Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
10.7°C
2nd
Lowest On Record
2.0°C
4th 1987
Average This Month
14.4°C
+1.3°C
Long-term Average
13.1°C
December Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
37.2°C
4th
Highest On Record
41.8°C
21st 1994
Average This Month
32.4°C
+2.2°C
Long-term Average
30.2°C
December Rainfall
Wettest This Month
0.0mm
1st
Total This Month
0.0mm
0 Day(s)
Long-term Average
54.4mm
6.7 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
195.3mm
1971
Driest On Record
0.0mm
1979
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Top End residents could be waiting until Christmas for a bit of rain relief

18:43 EDT

Top End residents are unlikely to be relieved of the oppressive hot and humid build up conditions until Christmas, because the rain-bringing La NiƱa weather pattern is unlikely to eventuate in coming months, the Bureau of Meteorology has warned.

One dead after Mt Warning campers struck by lightning, rescue operation underway

15:52 EDT

An international tourist has died and a woman has been injured after being hit by lightning while camping at Mt Warning, on the NSW north coast, police say.

Hot and stormy start to summer in NSW

15:50 EDT

The opening week of summer has been a hot and thundery mix in New South Wales and there is more to come.