A week after a fierce storm hit Ungarie, there is no news on disaster aid.
Last year, after being flooded in March, it took six months to deliver some flood recovery grants.
Last week's mini tornado left areas of severe damage in the town of 350 residents.
Lindsay Henley who received the Emergency Services Medal in the Australia Day Honours list says the Bland Shire Council has been extremely helpful, but it cannot afford the repair bill.
"We actually haven't heard a word from anybody, probably don't expect to either, after last year's efforts by the federal and state governments," he said.
"We here, we don't really expect much help in this our small little community anymore. I think we're more than happy to battle on by ourselves."
The Bland Shire Council estimates the damage to public and private infrastructure in and around Ungarie to be about $3 million.
The Council says it applied to the NSW Government for emergency assistance last Tuesday and is eagerly awaiting a reply.
Mr Henley says a lot of private homes are dealing with insurers now, but public infrastructure was also hit.
"It's done a huge amount of damage and money wise it's done a lot of damage too. You know the damage to that hall would be at least a quarter of a million bucks. So that's just one building alone without the damage to the rest of the private buildings and some of the infrastructure like the school and so forth."
"Basically the SES (State Emergency Service) has done a brilliant job out here as far as tarping rooves and getting the town back to a bit more normallity and my congratulations to them.
"It's more I think that there is no expectation any more to be helped by either government. I think it would be too upsetting if people had some sort of expectation just to be kicked in the guts again," said Mr Henley.
© ABC 2013
09:42 EDT This morning's showers no longer threaten to rain on the Mardi Gras parade.