More accommodation planned for BundabergThursday February 7, 2013 - 21:22 EDT
The Bundaberg Mayor says the council and the Queensland Government will provide some new modular-style housing for flood victims.
About 120 displaced residents are moving into a new accommodation village at the Bundaberg showgrounds.
Others will move into temporary accommodation at a local caravan park, which was flooded.
Bundaberg Mayor Mal Forman says new temporary units will also be built around the town.
"They'll be three or four-bedroom units, scattered around different parts of Bundaberg," he said.
"We've found some land we can put them on.
"They're going to be built in the next three to four weeks, or that's what we're hoping anyway.
"That's our plan, that's the times we've asked these people to try and get them done by."
Meanwhile gas company A-P-A says work to restore natural gas supply to the Wide Bay-Burnett is on schedule.
The company is building a new pipe section to replace the damaged pipeline across the Burnett River.
It says that will be ready by next Thursday.
The company is bringing tankers of gas from Victoria to supply hospitals and nursing homes.
© ABC 2013
More breaking news
The Queensland Government will have the final say in assessing a major flood mitigation levee for Roma in the state's southern inland.
Residents in Tennant Creek say last weekend's rainfall was not recorded by the system that controversially replaced the local weather radar last year.
A deep low pressure system located over the Tasman Sea has whipped up wild winds and large waves in the past 24 hours, with maximum wave heights peaking at eight metres off the coast from Sydney.