Hawkesbury homes cut off by floodingTuesday March 5, 2013 - 09:26 EDT
About 50 properties have been cut off by flooding in Sydney's outer west.
The State Emergency Service (SES) says homes along the Hawkesbury River are isolated as a result of the heavy rain over the past few days.
In the state's north, around 5,000 people remain cut off following widespread flooding.
The SES spokeswoman Becky Gollings says no properties have been inundated.
"We haven't had any reports of any major damage which is good news and the advice from the Bureau of Meteorology is that the conditions are easing," she said.
"So we should see floodwaters recede within the coming days."
© ABC 2013
More breaking news
The damage caused by last week's flood is becoming clearer across the Shoalhaven, as the clean up continues.
Yesterday, much of South Australia was being battered by a low pressure system, sending gusty showers onshore.
A band of thunderstorms swept across NSW and QLD late last night and into this morning, bringing a thundery alarm.