Charlton flood mitigation options revealedThursday November 8, 2012 - 12:55 EDT
Several potential options to protect the northern Victorian town of Charlton from flooding have been unveiled.
More than 400 homes and businesses were inundated during last year's summer floods.
Last night, about 100 residents were shown five options, including a proposal for a levee bank.
Local councillor David Pollard chaired last night's session and says there were mixed reactions.
"Some people think it'll work, some people are concerned about pushing the water around but the idea of last night was to put information in front of the community and they were given feedback forms to get back to us on which design we've got to start working on to protect Charlton from flooding," he said.
© ABC 2012
More breaking news
Canberra has chilled below freezing every morning this month, and a few days have been quite cold as well.
Over the last week, much of the southeast has been treated to cold, cloud-free nights with light winds.
There have been a few hiccups along the way but the school garden at St Francis' Primary School in Hughenden continues to grow despite the on-going drought.