Bureau downplays further severe weather threatFriday March 22, 2013 - 15:36 EDT
The Bureau of Meteorology says it is unlikely any more cyclones will affect north-west Western Australia this wet season.
So far this season, three systems have impacted the coast but none have caused substantial damage.
Severe weather forecaster Andrew Burton says it is unlikely there will be much more thunderstorm activity or rainfall in the far north either.
"It's looking like we might not get an active period where there's more thunderstorm activity than usual until quite late in the season and by then it might be too late, and all the activity will be in the waters off the north of Australia rather than over the land," he said.
© ABC 2013
More breaking news
For people living in outback Queensland, the impact of the ongoing drought can be seen everywhere.
The Bega Valley Shire Council is caught in a perfect storm of insurers and governments avoiding claims to repair storm damage to a heritage wharf.
Beach shack owners in South Australia say urgent action is needed, after storm erosion has put their properties at risk of falling into the sea.