Marine Weather Warnings - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for the Pilbara forecast district.
Issued at 10:01 pm WST on Sunday 26 January 2014.
People in parts of the Pilbara north of a line from Whim Creek to Yarrie to Pardoo, including Port Hedland, are advised that the Severe Thunderstorm Warning has been CANCELLED.
Although the warning has been cancelled, the line of thunderstorms will
continue to be monitored as it moves towards the Karratha area and further
alerts will be issued if necessary.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
- Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
- Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be
treated as live.
- Assess your home, car and property for damage.
- If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to
organise permanent repairs.
- If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or
flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
The immediate threat of severe thunderstorms has passed, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.
This warning is also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's
web site at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213.
The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate this
warning being broadcast regularly.