Marine Weather Warnings - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for the Gascoyne, Central West and Central Wheat Belt forecast districts.
Issued at 6:16 pm WST on Thursday 27 December 2012.
For people in parts of WA west of a line Kalbarri to Murchison to Cue to Mount Jackson to Wongan Hills to Jurien Bay. This includes people in or near the following towns: Dalwallinu. This does not include Geraldton, Kalbarri and Jurien Bay.
The Severe Thunderstorm Warning for the Gascoyne, Central West and Central
Wheat Belt forecast districts has been cancelled, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further alerts will be issued if necessary.
The overall weather pattern is not unusual for this time of year but severe
weather may occur in some parts of the warning area.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
- Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
- Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
- Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be
treated as live.
- Assess your home, car and property for damage.
- If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to
organise permanent repairs.
- If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or
flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
The immediate threat of severe thunderstorms has passed, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.
This warning is also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's
web site at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213.
The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate this
warning being broadcast regularly.