Fairfax Media Network

Queenstown Weather


42.08°S 145.56°E 133m AMSL

Queenstown Forecast

This morning 9°C
Today 12°C
showers

Now

11.0°C falling
Updated at 00:50 EST

West & Sth Coast for Tuesday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers north of Strahan, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Light winds becoming N 15 to 20 km/h in the late evening.
Wednesday Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Snow falling above 1300 metres. Winds N 20 to 30 km/h turning W 25 to 35 km/h during the morning. Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 1 [Low].

Currently at Strahan Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 11.0°C falling
Dew Point 9.4°C falling
Feels Like 9.7°C
Relative Humidity 90%
Wind icon
NNE 11km/h falling
Wind Gusts 15km/h
Pressure 1008.0hPa falling
Fire Danger 1.0
Rain since 9am/last hr 4.6mm / -

Sun on Wed

more
Sunrise sunrise
07:29 EST
Sunset sunset
17:00 EST

Nearby Now

Cape Sorell 12.8°C
Mt Read 4.9°C
Low Rocky Point 11.1°C

Next 12 hours in Strahan

48-hour forecast

3am

Chance shower or storm
10°C

6am

Shower. Chance storm
10°C

9am

Shower
10°C

12pm

Shower
12°C

West & Sth Coast Weather Warnings

view all
Tas - Tue 22:00 EST
Coastal Wind Warning for Tasmanian Waters.

National Forecast

Queenstown 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Wed
May 24
Thu
May 25
Fri
May 26
Sat
May 27
Sun
May 28
Mon
May 29
Tue
May 30

Showers

Showers increasing

Possible shower

Rain

Showers

Showers easing

Showers
Maximum 12°C 14°C 13°C 15°C 12°C 11°C 12°C
Minimum 9°C 8°C 7°C 8°C 7°C 5°C 5°C
Chance of Rain 40% 40% 10% 10% 50% 50%
Rain Amount 1-5mm 5-10mm < 1mm 20-40mm 10-20mm 10-20mm 10-20mm
UV Index Low Low Low Low
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Slight Slight
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 18
km/h
18
km/h
18
km/h
25
km/h
11
km/h
13
km/h
25
km/h
28
km/h
23
km/h
24
km/h
15
km/h
15
km/h
20
km/h
17
km/h
Wind Direction WNW 18km/h
WNW
W 18km/h
W
NNW 18km/h
NNW
NW 25km/h
NW
NW 11km/h
NW
NNW 13km/h
NNW
N 25km/h
N
N 28km/h
N
NW 23km/h
NW
NW 24km/h
NW
W 15km/h
W
WNW 15km/h
WNW
NNW 20km/h
NNW
NW 17km/h
NW
Relative Humidity 91% 85% 94% 93% 86% 82% 87% 82% 89% 89% 88% 84% 88% 88%
Dew Point 8°C 9°C 11°C 12°C 8°C 9°C 11°C 11°C 9°C 8°C 7°C 8°C 9°C 9°C

Queenstown Sun & Moon Times

Wednesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
06:58 EST
sunrise
07:29 EST
sunset
17:00 EST
last light
17:30 EST
moon
rise
Wed 04:57 EST
set
Wed 16:11 EST
moon
Fri
May 26
moon
Thu
Jun 1
moon
Fri
Jun 9
moon
Sat
Jun 17

Strahan Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Tue
May 23
13.5°C 16°C 1.8mm
Mon
May 22
10.6°C 19.8°C 0.4mm
Sun
May 21
8.9°C 15.3°C 3.6mm
Sat
May 20
9.0°C 13.5°C 0.6mm
Fri
May 19
4.7°C 18.6°C 0.0mm

Strahan Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To May
524.8mm
85.7 Day(s)
Total For 2017
442.4mm
88 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
641.0mm
98 Day(s)
Wettest Day
42.8mm
May 7
Lowest Temperature
0.4°C
May 15
Highest Temperature
32.4°C
Jan 7

Strahan Ap Almanac

full climatology
May Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
0.4°C
15th
Lowest On Record
-0.4°C
21st 2010
Average This Month
7.1°C
-0.3°C
Long-term Average
7.4°C
May Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
19.8°C
22nd
Highest On Record
22.5°C
8th 2002
Average This Month
14.3°C
+0.0°C
Long-term Average
14.3°C
May Rainfall
Wettest This Month
42.8mm
7th
Total This Month
104.8mm
17 Day(s)
Long-term Average
147.7mm
22.4 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
253.6mm
2007
Driest On Record
42.0mm
2001
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Perth finally sees string of wet days

16:21 EST

Perth has received more rain during the last four days than the last two and a half months combined.

Foggy starts as winter looms

15:46 EST

Fog is a sure sign that winter is on the way and there was plenty of it across the country this morning.

AuctionsPlus Queensland sheep listings double, due to low rainfall and rising prices

12:16 EST

The number of Queensland sheep offered in online sales has doubled week-on-week this fortnight, as producers respond to dry times and a stronger market.