Fairfax Media Network

Oaks Estate Weather


35.34°S 149.22°E 572m AMSL

Canberra Forecast

Tonight 23°C
Tomorrow 35°C
late_shower

Now

27.7°C falling
Updated at 19:50 EDT

ACT for Monday Cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Winds NW 20 to 25 km/h becoming light in the evening. Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds becoming NW 15 to 20 km/h during the day. Possible rainfall: 0 to 4 mm Chance of any rain: 60%.
Tuesday Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the morning and afternoon. Winds NW 25 to 35 km/h tending W 20 to 30 km/h in the morning ahead of a cool E change 15 to 25 km/h in the evening. Possible rainfall: 0 to 2 mm Chance of any rain: 40% Around Canberra Sun protection 9:00am to 5:50pm, UV Index predicted to reach 16 [Extreme].

Currently at Canberra Ap

24-hour graph
Temperature 27.7°C falling
Dew Point 19.0°C falling
Feels Like 28.9°C
Relative Humidity 59%
Wind icon
NNW 18km/h falling
Wind Gusts 20km/h
Pressure 1010.1hPa steady
Fire Danger 6.4
Rain since 9am/last hr 0.0mm / -

Sun on Mon

more
Sunrise sunrise
06:12 EDT
Sunset sunset
20:18 EDT

Nearby Now

Tuggeranong 28.1°C
Braidwood 26.5°C
Goulburn Ap 25.7°C

Fire Danger Rating

HIGH

Next 12 hours in Canberra

48-hour forecast

9pm

Mostly cloudy
28°C

12am

Chance shower
26°C

3am

Chance shower
25°C

6am

Mostly clear
23°C

ACT Weather Warnings

view all
There are no warnings current.

National Forecast

Canberra 7-day Weather Forecast

Summary Mon
Jan 23
Tue
Jan 24
Wed
Jan 25
Thu
Jan 26
Fri
Jan 27
Sat
Jan 28
Sun
Jan 29

Possible thunderstorm

Late shower

Cloudy

Mostly sunny

Mostly sunny

Sunny

Mostly sunny
Maximum 34°C 35°C 29°C 30°C 31°C 35°C 36°C
Minimum 14°C 23°C 13°C 15°C 15°C 16°C 16°C
Chance of Rain 40% 40% 50% 60% 60% 30% 10%
Rain Amount 1-5mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm < 1mm
UV Index Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme Extreme
Pollen Index High Extreme Very High Very High Very High Very High High
Frost Risk Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil Nil
  9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm 9am 3pm
Wind Speed 9
km/h
27
km/h
25
km/h
27
km/h
12
km/h
16
km/h
9
km/h
18
km/h
8
km/h
18
km/h
8
km/h
23
km/h
8
km/h
20
km/h
Wind Direction N 9km/h
N
NNW 27km/h
NNW
NW 25km/h
NW
WNW 27km/h
WNW
E 12km/h
E
NNE 16km/h
NNE
ESE 9km/h
ESE
E 18km/h
E
E 8km/h
E
NE 18km/h
NE
NW 8km/h
NW
WNW 23km/h
WNW
ESE 8km/h
ESE
ENE 20km/h
ENE
Relative Humidity 65% 37% 60% 36% 65% 41% 77% 43% 77% 43% 69% 24% 61% 29%
Dew Point 16°C 17°C 20°C 18°C 10°C 13°C 16°C 15°C 16°C 17°C 18°C 12°C 14°C 15°C

Canberra Sun & Moon Times

Tuesday Next occurrence
First light Sunrise Sunset Last light Moon phase moon rise moon set New moon First quarter Full moon Last quarter
first light
05:45 EDT
sunrise
06:13 EDT
sunset
20:17 EDT
last light
20:45 EDT
moon
rise
Tue 02:55 EDT
set
Wed 17:57 EDT
moon
Sat
Jan 28
moon
Sat
Feb 4
moon
Sat
Feb 11
moon
Sun
Feb 19

Canberra Ap Past 5 Days

this month
  Minimum Maximum Rainfall
Mon
Jan 23
13.9°C 36°C 0.0mm
Sun
Jan 22
15.0°C 32.3°C 0.0mm
Sat
Jan 21
8.5°C 31.2°C 2.2mm
Fri
Jan 20
15.1°C 29.0°C 2.8mm
Thu
Jan 19
14.3°C 23.7°C 0.0mm

Canberra Ap Year To Date

Average Rainfall To Jan
57.6mm
7.3 Day(s)
Total For 2017
6.8mm
4 Day(s)
Total To This Day 2016
61.8mm
6 Day(s)
Wettest Day
2.8mm
Jan 20
Lowest Temperature
8.5°C
Jan 21
Highest Temperature
39.6°C
Jan 13

Canberra Ap Almanac

full climatology
January Minimum Temperature
Lowest This Month
8.5°C
21st
Lowest On Record
1.6°C
12th 2012
Average This Month
14.3°C
+1.1°C
Long-term Average
13.2°C
January Maximum Temperature
Highest This Month
39.6°C
13th
Highest On Record
42.0°C
18th 2013
Average This Month
32.2°C
+4.1°C
Long-term Average
28.1°C
January Rainfall
Wettest This Month
2.8mm
20th
Total This Month
6.8mm
4 Day(s)
Long-term Average
57.6mm
7.3 Day(s)
Wettest On Record
218.4mm
1995
Driest On Record
1.1mm
1947
Display Your Local Weather

Weather News

Stormy start to the week

16:25 EDT

Severe thunderstorms are affecting three states this afternoon.

Trans-Tasman temperature contrast

15:28 EDT

New Zealand is experiencing an unseasonably cool summer, whilst parts of eastern Australia endure their hottest start to the year on record.

Kimberley cattle country soaked by January rains in great start to season

10:39 EDT

Cattle stations in the Kimberley region of Western Australia have had an extremely wet start to 2017.